Kamore X1 Pro - Communication Timeout

BigMax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I assume others are having similar issues?

I purchased Kamore X1 three weeks ago an it performed flawlessly for 2 weeks, now it fails multiple times per day. I have a several RedSea wifi devices and a Kasa smart power strip in the same location for the better part of 2 years without issue. I thought maybe this inexpensive device may need a little help, so I moved a Google Mesh device in the same room to no avail. Maybe it's just you get what you pay for?

Here are some screen shots. Note, I can perform an App / Firmware sync when it's up and get a proper readout, but when its on the fritz it defaults back to the time sync in the screen shot below. Also, of note the device always shows that it's on-line

If I
IMG_1683.PNG
IMG_1681.PNG
IMG_1680.PNG
IMG_1678.PNG

pickledmoose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m having the same problem today as well. I set the pump up last night with no problems. This is day two. Pump appears in line but when I try to connect I get the same connection time out message. Could it be a problem with the host?

dmaister

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just noticed this as well. I received a notification that my bottle was low, and I went to check. The bottle was half full, so I tried to reset the bottle and keep getting communication time-out. It may be their cloud over the weekend. I’ve also been using mine for over a year. Time sync issues, but other than that it doses well enough. Maybe have to go even cheaper with Jebao

Tyrone

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was having the same problem yesterday.

OP
OP
B

BigMax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had it happened last weekend as well, I saw a note from someone last Saturday evening on R2R (4/29) that it was back up, I tried and it was. However, that made me concerned about the reliability so I checked status every day this last week, it was problematic 3 out of the 7 days. Cloud or not if you can't trust it, it serves no purpose. I wrote CoralVue, they were quick to respond, but the gave me the start-up binding procedure, which is not the issue. It appears they were relaying a response from Kamore. If Kamore is having system level, not device, problems it would be good to understand what to expect moving forward.

I went back to the old reliable Jebao doser on this tank for now. I also have a Red Sea Dose on another tank which has been flawless for months.

I worked in the electronics industry, we always had a unwritten rule we tried to follow. Don't release new code or firmware on a Friday the right people won't be there to fix it over the weekend. ;)

Last edited:

GT3000XX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same problem here. Here is what coral Vu said. If you read this it says you need 2 cell phones to update firmware. Never heard of such a thing.
Here is the response:

Your Firmware may not be up to date. Please try updating the firmware.

1. Remove Kamoer Pump from power and restart

2. Prepare two mobile phones, One with the app installed and the other with an available hotspot.

3. Turn on the hotspot of the mobile phone that does not have the Kamoer APP installed. We recommend that you set the hotspot account name to ali_mprov_ZL and password: 111111111.

4. Turn on the hotspot, and then connect to the hotspot network with a mobile phone installed with the Kamoer Remote app.

5. Open the Kamoer Remote app and bind the device. Enter the password of the connected hotspot network

6. Operate the dosing pump to enter the AP connection or router connection mode

7. Bind the device.

8. During this period, the phone will jump to the network interface. Please select the network with "Kamoer" in the connection name, then switch to the hotspot network and return to the binding page.

9. After the binding is successful, go to the setting interface and click on the device firmware to upgrade.

10. Unbind and reconnect to the home network as stated in the instructions.

Open

GT3000XX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also the latest version for the firmware is 1.0.12. Mine shows 1.0.7 and says it’s up to date.

pickledmoose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know if the dosing schedule is saved on the unit itself?

if this issue is going on will the pump still dose as scheduled in the background even though you can’t connect to it properly

bonlamicq

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m having same issue, did the reset manually and doesn’t help, my four X1 micro pump are not able to be reconfigured with the new dosis without that connection…

many one have solved it???

Acros

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Does anyone know if the dosing schedule is saved on the unit itself?

if this issue is going on will the pump still dose as scheduled in the background even though you can’t connect to it properly
Yes, the plan is saved on the device. My pumps continued dosing like normal even with this issue.

Swiss Frag Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I probably play around with the app and the Kamoer since 3 hours and now for the last 30min I tried that 2 phone thing without any progress. Since I reset my Kamoer it does not have even the program anymore saved... Maybe just don't do anything for now and wait till the Coral Vu people are back in the office... :) Sooo frustrating, already check out some other dosing pumps...

OP
OP
B

BigMax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honest question. When the device returns to a useable state and I go to: settings> time setting; the Firmware Time and App Time has the days and hours wrong. If I'm dosing daily I assume if the day is wrong who cares? But the hours are typically 10 to 12 hours off, so how does it know to dose to your schedule if the 24 hour clock is wrong? Then if it comes back on line when opening the app and the time is corrected wouldn't it very likely miss a dose or double dose? And this can happen repeatedly, at least every time you perform a time sync. I have no clue what I'm actually dosing.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

BigMax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also the latest version for the firmware is 1.0.12. Mine shows 1.0.7 and says it’s up to date.
Mine is the same. Curious, where did you learn that 1.0.12 is the latest FW?

Also, curious if anyone tried the 2 phone technique and that allowed them to update the FW vs using the home network. It would seem that connecting to the cloud whether hot spot or home network would yield the same result, not sure if I'm missing something? I removed the app and did a full factory reset and re-instlled the app, wouldn't that be effecively the same thing?

GT3000XX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is the same. Curious, where did you learn that 1.0.12 is the latest FW?

Also, curious if anyone tried the 2 phone technique and that allowed them to update the FW vs using the home network. It would seem that connecting to the cloud whether hot spot or home network would yield the same result, not sure if I'm missing something? I removed the app and did a full factory reset and re-instlled the app, wouldn't that be effecively the same thing?
Coralvue said that that is the latest firmware version. They also said the only way to update the firmware is using a second phone for a hotspot (most ridiculous thing I have ever heard). I responded back what if I don’t have 2 cell phones. They said I would have to send it to them to update the firmware (again ridiculous I just bought it 3 weeks ago)

OP
OP
B

BigMax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same problem here. Here is what coral Vu said. If you read this it says you need 2 cell phones to update firmware. Never heard of such a thing.
Here is the response:

Your Firmware may not be up to date. Please try updating the firmware.

1. Remove Kamoer Pump from power and restart

2. Prepare two mobile phones, One with the app installed and the other with an available hotspot.

3. Turn on the hotspot of the mobile phone that does not have the Kamoer APP installed. We recommend that you set the hotspot account name to ali_mprov_ZL and password: 111111111.

4. Turn on the hotspot, and then connect to the hotspot network with a mobile phone installed with the Kamoer Remote app.

5. Open the Kamoer Remote app and bind the device. Enter the password of the connected hotspot network

6. Operate the dosing pump to enter the AP connection or router connection mode

7. Bind the device.

8. During this period, the phone will jump to the network interface. Please select the network with "Kamoer" in the connection name, then switch to the hotspot network and return to the binding page.

9. After the binding is successful, go to the setting interface and click on the device firmware to upgrade.

10. Unbind and reconnect to the home network as stated in the instructions.

Open

I tried the above process (using another phone as a hotspot). I was able to start connecting the dose to the 2nd phone hotspot and it get's to 60% connected and then the message 'provisional timeout' shows up. tried 3 times. Kamore needs a better solution than this!

Last edited:

GT3000XX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honest question. When the device returns to a useable state and I go to: settings> time setting; the Firmware Time and App Time has the days and hours wrong. If I'm dosing daily I assume if the day is wrong who cares? But the hours are typically 10 to 12 hours off, so how does it know to dose to your schedule if the 24 hour clock is wrong? Then if it comes back on line when opening the app and the time is corrected wouldn't it very likely miss a dose or double dose? And this can happen repeatedly, at least every time you perform a time sync. I have no clue what I'm actually dosing.
You are exactly correct. This is my concern as well

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 14 21.2%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 50 75.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back