Kamore X1 Pro - Communication Timeout

GT3000XX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In case everybody hasn't said it enough yet...this is ridiculous! i just got 4 of these on Monday and cant get them up and running.
If you haven’t already get in touch with CoralVue support and let them know.

OP
OP
B

BigMax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just sent a note to CoralVue explaining that the user failure list is growing and that I would be happy to send them my device as test case. I would like to get a piece of hardware in Kamore's hands so we can get this resolved.

They may well know they have an issue but can't come up with a FW patch to make things work, conjecture on my part we'll see. I worked in the electronics industry, even though this is not my area of expertise, I remember many times where FW was not able to be written over. The only solution was to have a 'boot card' connected to the physical device to completely remove the FW and start over....again we'll see.

fodsod

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm running 2.4GHz and on-line. I saw someone, with the same failure mode, mention they only had there device for about 3 weeks as well. I'm beginning to wonder if they had a bad FW release for units in production during given window and that they have not found a way to write over it from the cloud, such that older units work fine, like mentioned by others, and we're just unlucky? My FW shows up as either null, or 1.0.7 when functioning. The device is always on line and I can manually dose even when receiving communication time outs, so I am able to communicate with the device over Wi-Fi all the time.

I also see there are later versions of FW than 1.0.7 but when the unit is communicating properly it shows FW 'up to date' even though it isn't current and therefore will not allow you to update. If I don't hear anything from CoralVue by the end of the week I'll contact them to send it to CoralVue for a FW update, which I can't do even with the 2 phone hotspot. Based on the cost of this thing I'm probably better off just tossing it, but it's hard not trying to get it working.

Another thought is the electronics components themselves, all manufacturers. in this case Kamore, have multiple suppliers for all components, maybe there is a HW compatibility issue during production in this time frame that they are not aware of?
So is CoralVue the contact point for Kamore? I've yet to reach out to anyone on my dosers but I didn't purchase them from CoralVue so I'm curious if I need to go thorugh them or if I need to go to Kamore directly.

fodsod

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just sent a note to CoralVue explaining that the user failure list is growing and that I would be happy to send them my device as test case. I would like to get a piece of hardware in Kamore's hands so we can get this resolved.

They may well know they have an issue but can't come up with a FW patch to make things work, conjecture on my part we'll see. I worked in the electronics industry, even though this is not my area I remember many times where FW was not able to be written over. The only solution was to have a 'boot card' connected to the physical device to completely remove the FW and start over....again we'll see.
Agree 100%. There's clearly an issue here with the FW. It can't be updated no matter what crazy work around procedure they provide. So updating in house or just sending any of us with the pumps that went out with the possibly bad FW a new pump with new updatable FW already installed might be an option.

I should have just spent the money on the Versa pumps I guess.

OP
OP
B

BigMax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My understating is that CoralVue is the US distributor for Kamore. (CoralVue is US distributor for Reef Octopus as well). As such they are responsible to be the interface between the customer and the company which is probably the only way to work it as both companies have no US footprint and are out of the Far East. Kamore is out of Shanghai.

fodsod

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My understating is that CoralVue is the US distributor for Kamore. (CoralVue is US distributor for Reef Octopus as well). As such they are responsible to be the interface between the customer and the company which is probably the only way to work it as both companies have no US footprint and are out of the Far East. Kamore is out of Shanghai.
Thanks. I saw that Kamoer wasn't directly reachable for US customers but couldn't find anything that specifically stated that CoralVue was their US warranty servicer.

GT3000XX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So is CoralVue the contact point for Kamore? I've yet to reach out to anyone on my dosers but I didn't purchase them from CoralVue so I'm curious if I need to go thorugh them or if I need to go to Kamore directly.
Yes CoralVue is the distributor.

codenfx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oddly when i'm trying to remote in outside of my wifi range I get the communication error but when I'm home in wifi it connects just fine.

codenfx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've found that if you let the screen idle for about 2 minutes it'll update the screen but still can't navigate around.

GT3000XX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just sent this to CoralVue:

Hi Tonya
I have done some research and it looks like when they went from app version 1.8.0 to 1.8.1 2 weeks ago is when the issue started. Many people are reporting this issue just started recently. Maybe this information will help them resolve it I am on a iPhone.

GT3000XX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like they have updated the app (at least for iPhone) I'm showing version 1.8.4 now.

OP
OP
B

BigMax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting.

I removed the device via the app, performed a factory rest and removed the app from the phone e.g. started all over. I went back through the full binding process 2 minutes ago. It, as always, shows on-line and I'm able to manually dose, so there is Wi-Fi communication. However. I still get intermittent 'communication timeouts' and no matter what I do I remain at FW release 1.0.7, it won't show an update is available. (I'm sitting with the device 2 feet from my router for what it's worth)

Think I'm done. I've got hours into this, it's just not worth it. If Kamore would at least provide us some status I might not feel like I'm pushing on a rope. Not worth the frustration.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

BigMax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like they have updated the app (at least for iPhone) I'm showing version 1.8.4 now.
I was able to return my doser to the LFS where I purchased it today. As it was only 3 weeks old I felt I should have the potential to dump it. I am however going to follow the 2 recent threads on this topic to see where you all end up. It will be interesting to see if Kamore provides you all a solution and communicates clearly what the problem was and the solution is. I felt as though their customer service should have opened a line of communication, so we could see they are actually working on the problem, they may yet, better late then never....we'll see.

Good Luck!

Last edited:

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just for a data point, I'm on Android and have never had a time out on my three pumps. I only connect when at home on my wifi. I think I may have connected once when not at home, just to see if it would work.

I have had various time synch issues over the years, however. Currently I have two pumps that are about a minute off each time I connect to them. The other pump maintains synch.

I've had my pumps for 2 1/2 years.

Here's my app and firmware versions.
Screenshot_20230512_210433.jpg

Reefer4fun

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have same problem here. It started around 2 weeks ago. I have 5 pumps and all show the same communication problem.

Reefer4fun

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if it's a coincidence but I just connected to them using mobile data and it works. Later, I tried through Wifi and worked as well.

OP
OP
B

BigMax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just for a data point, I'm on Android and have never had a time out on my three pumps. I only connect when at home on my wifi. I think I may have connected once when not at home, just to see if it would work.

I have had various time synch issues over the years, however. Currently I have two pumps that are about a minute off each time I connect to them. The other pump maintains synch.

I've had my pumps for 2 1/2 years.

Here's my app and firmware versions.
Screenshot_20230512_210433.jpg

The first week I had the doser (I bought it 4/20/23) both cellular data (remote access) and home network wifi worked all the time. After the problems arose I also tried the 2 phone hotspot as another path, which didn't get me over the top. The FW would be different as well iOS (OS X, UNIX) vs Android (Linux)...I'm operating on iOS (iPhone) and have never been able to update from 1.0.7. some have. Very hit and miss, mostly miss ;)

Last edited:

GT3000XX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting observation. For the last couple of days I have been able to open the app and everything works great. I tried around 3AM and 6AM and both times I opened the app and scrolled through different parts in the app. Now at 10AM this morning the app is back to either opening very slow or not at all. This leads to the big question. If the problem is with the app why does it work early in the morning but not during the day??? My opinion is that the server is not very busy in the early morning but as the day progresses the problem gets worst. I believe the server is being overwhelmed hence the communication time out. I sure hope they get this fixed it is getting old!!!!

Errattiq

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New to the party here, I just got the low bottle volume warning and communication timeout errors on my Kamoer doser. I didn’t know there was a widespread issue so I started driving myself crazy trying to troubleshoot thinking my pump was the problem. Fortunately I googled the issue and came across this thread. I haven’t received any errors prior to this, and it came through at 10:04pm (east coast time). I guess I’ll just hope and wait CoralVue fixes this.

Mckreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m the same boat. Refilled my dose container and maintained the lines put it all back and keep getting communication time out. Can’t manually dose can’t calibrate or anything. On top of that I reset it so now I don’t even have my old schedule. Shame on Kamoer I’ll be looking for a different doser this app is not reliable for such a vital piece of my system.

Caption This Contest OFFICIAL VOTING POLL! (make a post in this thread and you could win a prize too)

• "What do you mean?! I am smiling!

• "Did she really just rejoin the ReefAholics Anonymous group...AGAIN?!"

• "Take a look at the new Sexy Shrimp!"

• "I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clownfish? I amuse you?"

• "Looks like your living room is going through the ugly stage"

• "Aghhh! Go put on your makeup before feeding me, please!"

• "You try eating sand and not get constipated!"

• "Everyone, hide! The landlord is coming!"

• "He touched the butt!"

• "They forgot to shut off the RO line and left for work...AGAIN"

• "Get off my sand!"

• "What do you mean I can't say that on a family friendly forum?"

• "My face looking over my bank statement after a reef show..."

• "Kids, you're grounded! Get back in my mouth!"

• "When you see a human with a bucket and know somethings is about to go down."

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back