Need help updating reefmat 500 firmware

exnisstech

Grumpy old man
View Badges
Joined
Feb 11, 2019
Messages
20,614
Reaction score
33,494
Location
Ashland Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My lfs offered me a deal on a reefmat 500 so I decided to give it a try. It was NIB and setup went smooth in my reefer 300 g2. Mat is running as it should but I keep getting a firmware update that will not install. I havent reached out to redsea support since the mat is working but am curious about the update and thought I would ask here first. Maybe some of you that have seen me bash fleece rollers will see this and can give me crap :face-with-hand-over-mouth:
I've attached screen shots showing what happens after I go to device manager.
First
Screenshot_20231026_105605_ReefBeat.jpg

Second
Screenshot_20231026_105612_ReefBeat.jpg


And the last where it states it is incomplete
Screenshot_20231026_105619_ReefBeat.jpg
 
There have been a half dozen software updates for the ReefMat, so I couldn't tell you what this one might be. Have you tried a factory reset?
I have not. It was new in the box when I set it up and the update notice appeared immediately. I guess for now as long as it's working I'll just roll with it. My luck if I do a reset things will go bad and I'll go nuts trying to fix things. Tech isn't my strong point. One of the reasons I stay away from controllers and dosers. Some folks love the tech and figuring things out, I just get aggravated because I ussualy can't figure things out :zany-face:
 
Figured I would post the solution just in case someone else is a ignorant as I am. I added a reefdose last night and it had the same issue with showing a firmware update available but failing to install it. The problem turned out to be that I did not place the aquarium online. Once I did that the firmware updates installed fine.
Screenshot_20231030_100435_ReefBeat.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new