Kamoer X1 Bluetooth Doser Issue

Mayacan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm posting this as I can't get an answer to this issue from CoralVue. Maybe someone on here has experienced this issue and can assist. I purchased the Kamoer X1 Doser (Bluetooth doser) and I'm able to upload the pump on the X1 App. My issue is as soon as I connect the pump to power, it runs, and wont stop running. I cant calibrate or dose what I want to dose, because the pump wont stop running. Only way to stop it from running is disconnecting it from power.

Now, I purchased pump second hand, and I got the doser with its original power supply, but it did not have the US outlet adapter, so I had to buy another power supply on Amazon, maybe that is the issue? I looked hi and low online for the US adapter plug, but could not find it, hence i went the Amazon route. Below are pics of the original power supply without the US plug and the AC Adapter I purchased on Amazon. Anyone see any issue with power supply being used?

1631582181092.png
1631582396333.png

Alex Cataldo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s probably an issue with the pump. I doubt the power supply would have anything to do with it. Just return it and get another one.

OP
OP
M

Mayacan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s probably an issue with the pump. I doubt the power supply would have anything to do with it. Just return it and get another one.
so i purchased it used on here, so basically you are saying eat it and get another one.

MichaelReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes, basically told me he doesn't have plug. at one point he just said return the pump and ill refund you your money.

I doubt it has anything to do with the power supply, like previously said. There is generally a solenoid that's going to actuate it on and off, sounds like maybe its stuck?

OP
OP
M

Mayacan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I doubt it has anything to do with the power supply, like previously said. There is generally a solenoid that's going to actuate it on and off, sounds like maybe its stuck?
Do you work for CoralVue? reason I ask is I'm also talking to one of their techs, and their conclusion is to get me another power supply at a cost of $25, or half of what I paid for the original pump.

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe I’m wrong (read, “dumb”), but a power supply either works/supplies power, or not/fails to supply power. Is this some sort of ‘Smart’ power supply that could even possibly fix the problem you have described? :(

Reefsupreme

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
2   2   0
Sometimes it’s better to buy stuff new so you have receipt/ warranty with it. Maybe refund for whatever the seller offered and buy one new. They are under $100

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm posting this as I can't get an answer to this issue from CoralVue. Maybe someone on here has experienced this issue and can assist. I purchased the Kamoer X1 Doser (Bluetooth doser) and I'm able to upload the pump on the X1 App. My issue is as soon as I connect the pump to power, it runs, and wont stop running. I cant calibrate or dose what I want to dose, because the pump wont stop running. Only way to stop it from running is disconnecting it from power.

Now, I purchased pump second hand, and I got the doser with its original power supply, but it did not have the US outlet adapter, so I had to buy another power supply on Amazon, maybe that is the issue? I looked hi and low online for the US adapter plug, but could not find it, hence i went the Amazon route. Below are pics of the original power supply without the US plug and the AC Adapter I purchased on Amazon. Anyone see any issue with power supply being used?

1631582181092.png
1631582396333.png
It is for sure nothing to do with the power adapter
Some other electrical issue maybe a relay cause this.
you have bought a faulty unit.
good job you have returned it

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 126 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back