Kamoer X1 Pro T

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in the same boat as you. Between this and the versa I'm not sure I'll ever get a cheaper continuous duty pump.

Makes me wonder how easy it will be to get replacement parts for the x1 pro t..
Yeah Versa is actually cheaper here but I've seen some negative issues with it too. I know kamoer makes good products.

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah Versa is actually cheaper here but I've seen some negative issues with it too. I know kamoer makes good products.
I know they had an issue with the tubing and leaks but I thought (or hope) that got figured out with the newer tubing. Anything else you're aware of?

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know they had an issue with the tubing and leaks but I thought (or hope) that got figured out with the newer tubing. Anything else you're aware of?
Those and I heard of some programming and connectivity issues also but hopefully those are all solved by now

OP
OP
S

Saltyanimals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in the same boat as you. Between this and the versa I'm not sure I'll ever get a cheaper continuous duty pump.

Makes me wonder how easy it will be to get replacement parts for the x1 pro t..

I was on that same boat and didn't want to wait any longer for the Versa. The very first gen of the Versa had problems, which was fixed in the subsequent batches and said to be reliable since. The Pro T on the other hand is brand new and thus limited feedback. Kamoer is a trusty brand and the Pro *T* is just an evolution to the Pro core design which has been historically reliable. In terms of parts, Kamoer readily makes parts available so that was part of my decision. My first continuous doser and didn't consider how often replacement parts are required on the typical reefer equipment scale. i.e. tubing life 1-2k hours however I expect the head to last years before I need to replace which appears easy DIY.

So far mine has been rock solid and zero issues since I brought online as mentioned earlier in this thread.

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

robocop1906

Erick McLemore
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the hose dimensions mentioned previously from Kamore if that's what your asking.

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the hose dimensions mentioned previously from Kamore if that's what your asking.
I was wondering if they would warranty it since it was a super short period of use or if they may need to make a change to it . I assume the head and hose is the same as the xp1 and 2. If thats the case then there could be an issue they need to address

robocop1906

Erick McLemore
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering if they would warranty it since it was a super short period of use or if they may need to make a change to it . I assume the head and hose is the same as the xp1 and 2. If thats the case then there could be an issue they need to address
Yeah but they are in China. I don't see it worth my time behind a hose. Motor or something else different story.

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah but they are in China. I don't see it worth my time behind a hose. Motor or something else different story.
Previous experience with them , is they are super helpful. I had one of their first periscopic continuous dosing pumps. The one with the dial. I knocked the dial off by accident. I could still adjust the feed with needle nose pliers by gripping the remains of the knows shaft.
I contacted them about buying a new know. The shipped me a new pump with return label for the old one.

OP
OP
S

Saltyanimals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool. Little more than the $92 some of us paid earlier coming from China, but clearly priced to compete with the Versa.

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coralvue has them now. https://www.coralvue.com/kamoer-x1-pro-t-stepper-pump
At $150.00 don't know if that is cheap enough to move me away from the FX-STP.
Thanks for the update on coral vue carrying them now. This makes it a heck of a lot easier to get, since I'm planning to run a kalk stirrer with it I believe it should be adequate to at least try out. If it doesn't have the life expectancy of other kamoer pumps I can replace it with the more expensive model or even a versa if they ever get back in stock.

reefinnewb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought one from CoralVue about 2 weeks ago. I love the pump but the app BLOWs. Took me a bit to get it set up correctly, even being on 2.4. It kept telling me my phone was on 5ghz; it was not. Calibration doesn't seem to work correctly. Not sure if I'm being an idiot or what but it seems way more difficult than it needs to be. My jebao DP4 calibrates easier and more accurate than this. Hopefully Kamoer works on the app a bit more or I may be getting rid of this in the near future and holding out for the Versa.

robocop1906

Erick McLemore
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought one from CoralVue about 2 weeks ago. I love the pump but the app BLOWs. Took me a bit to get it set up correctly, even being on 2.4. It kept telling me my phone was on 5ghz; it was not. Calibration doesn't seem to work correctly. Not sure if I'm being an idiot or what but it seems way more difficult than it needs to be. My jebao DP4 calibrates easier and more accurate than this. Hopefully Kamoer works on the app a bit more or I may be getting rid of this in the near future and holding out for the Versa.
It’s not you! Once I got everything set up I’ve not had any issues with the app. It can be better but I guess I’ve gotten use to it already. Another reason I think I’d stick with this one is the WiFi capabilities. Not sure if Versa will release one in the future. Plus I got these at $70 so not sure Versa can release a product that is that far superior for me to punt on them now.

OP
OP
S

Saltyanimals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed it's not a fancy UI, but like robo I haven't had any issues after setting up. Not one of those things I open on any regularity to tinker with. Just set it and forget it. However I don't have any other pump app UIs to compare to.

I still don't understand the 2.4 vs 5 issues that folks are calling out. I guess this is dependent on how your homes are set. For mine, I give the 5 and 2.4 all the same network name. And leave it to the device to connect as it needs to based on what it wants.. doesn't matter to me if it's 5 or 2.4 as long as it has internet access. Maybe this is different depending on your home and how crowded a particular frequency is around you.

What's going on with the calibration? Maybe we can help. I didn't have issues with it either. Just let it drop into the collector and input the readings it landed on. Then I manually dosed a few ml to check.

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s not you! Once I got everything set up I’ve not had any issues with the app. It can be better but I guess I’ve gotten use to it already. Another reason I think I’d stick with this one is the WiFi capabilities. Not sure if Versa will release one in the future. Plus I got these at $70 so not sure Versa can release a product that is that far superior for me to punt on them now.
Where did you find it for 70$?

reefinnewb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My network is configured the same way. I live in a town home and the WiFi is CONGESTED! There is someone in the neighborhood blasting out WiFi and is causing issues. I'm going to have to keep an eye out and see who is walking around with a second head. Once it connected, it's been fine. It kept telling me my phone was connected to 5ghz even though my phone specifically said it was 2.4. I have a feeling the people that are really complaining are people that are a bit less tech savvy. However, at a price point this high; it needs to be way better. I've been in IT for 12 years and it still took some fiddling from me. I went so far as to set up a guest network under 2.4 only with an SSID of dosers and hid the network just incase I couldn't get connected on my standard SSID.

The calibration is where the real issue is with me. I go into the calibration screen. I leave it at 350rpm and make sure it's primed. I set it to dispense for 10s and then enter the volume dispensed. The first issue is that hitting the calibration complete button doesn't always work. I can select other items on the screen but this button doesn't seem to notice my finger press. It's probably a 50% chance of it working. Once I'm done calibrating, I go back and do a manual add and choose 10mL. I almost never get 10mL and always more. I've uninstalled the app twice and also reset the pump back to factory. I'm finally at about 11mL when dispensing 10mL it's dosing Kalk on a plan and seems to be working good enough. If I were dosing nitrates, phosphates, or anything else that would need to be a bit more precise. I'd have a real problem with it.

Edit: I'm on a Google Pixel running the latest Android.

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My network is configured the same way. I live in a town home and the WiFi is CONGESTED! There is someone in the neighborhood blasting out WiFi and is causing issues. I'm going to have to keep an eye out and see who is walking around with a second head. Once it connected, it's been fine. It kept telling me my phone was connected to 5ghz even though my phone specifically said it was 2.4. I have a feeling the people that are really complaining are people that are a bit less tech savvy. However, at a price point this high; it needs to be way better. I've been in IT for 12 years and it still took some fiddling from me. I went so far as to set up a guest network under 2.4 only with an SSID of dosers and hid the network just incase I couldn't get connected on my standard SSID.

The calibration is where the real issue is with me. I go into the calibration screen. I leave it at 350rpm and make sure it's primed. I set it to dispense for 10s and then enter the volume dispensed. The first issue is that hitting the calibration complete button doesn't always work. I can select other items on the screen but this button doesn't seem to notice my finger press. It's probably a 50% chance of it working. Once I'm done calibrating, I go back and do a manual add and choose 10mL. I almost never get 10mL and always more. I've uninstalled the app twice and also reset the pump back to factory. I'm finally at about 11mL when dispensing 10mL it's dosing Kalk on a plan and seems to be working good enough. If I were dosing nitrates, phosphates, or anything else that would need to be a bit more precise. I'd have a real problem with it.

Edit: I'm on a Google Pixel running the latest Android.
Plan to use it on a kalk stirrer myself, on a 1200gal system. I figure it will be accurate enough for that.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 63 36.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back