Kamoer X1 pump not pulling fluid

Cantusaurus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ugh. Hi, I’m kinda frustrated right now because I have no idea what I’m doing wrong or if this is just not working, but my Kamoer X1 doser is not pulling fluid. I set it up and am trying to calibrate it right now, but it isn’t pulling any fluid :(
I’m not sure if I’m doing something wrong.
I’ll send photos of what the tubing looks like if there’s an issue.
it makes noise, but is not pulling anything

OP
OP
Cantusaurus

Cantusaurus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg

I have some RO tubing (blue) connected firmly to the bottom part of bulkhead thing.
I have the tubing that came with the pump connected to the top of the bulkhead. It fits. It’s slightly loose at the top, but it fits fully, and does not come out when I pull on it.

Snoopy 67

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If that pump turns clockwise it is hooked up backwards.
A peristaltic pump should pull through the tubing unless there is a leak.
Try it with a new tube into a glass of water

Garf

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg

I have some RO tubing (blue) connected firmly to the bottom part of bulkhead thing.
I have the tubing that came with the pump connected to the top of the bulkhead. It fits. It’s slightly loose at the top, but it fits fully, and does not come out when I pull on it.
I use a bit of rigid tube on the top of the fitting to prevent air leaking in, then heat stretch the soft tube onto the rigid.

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it's the same as the wifi version, which I'm fairly certain it is, it's connected correctly.

If priming does not work it may be the connection to the bottle drawing in air.

As a test submerge the soft tubing directly into the liquid and see if it starts working.

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For reference, here's how mine are:

The containers I'm using for dosing are 32oz Bettix bottles. I bought these when I started manual dosing. They are nice in that you squeeze the bottle to fill the upper reservoir to get the product out. When I got the dosing pumps I simply drilled a hole in the caps of the bottles and stuck the dosing pump suction tube in. This created a problem in that the dosing pump tubing is not ridged, it is clear and with the opaque bottle you have no idea where the bottom of tube is. Today I noticed that my Alk line was not full. Upon investigation the bottom of the dosing pump pickup tubing was curled up and about a quarter of the way up the bottle, out of the fluid.

What I did was used some extra 3/8" RO line I had and feed the dosing pump pickup tube down through it. I cut a notch in the bottom of the RO line and used a ty-rap at the top to prevent the dosing tube from getting push in to the bottom of the bottle and potentially getting blocked off from the liquid.

Kind of hard to see in the photo, but the doing pump tubing goes all the way down to the notch.

IMG_20210102_152309729.jpg

IMG_20210102_154325987.jpg

OP
OP
Cantusaurus

Cantusaurus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the info guys I really appreciate it :)
I think air was maybe coming in from the top despite the tubing locking in.
I could not use the rigid tubing (blue) to connect to the doser since it wouldn’t attach/connect. I just went ahead and took off the cap and tubing and went with the flexible tubing that would connect.
And sure enough. It works!
I still have to figure this out, since there is a bit of an opening. And the cap I have for the container is just not suitable but I’ll figure something out.

OP
OP
Cantusaurus

Cantusaurus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it's the same as the wifi version, which I'm fairly certain it is, it's connected correctly.

If priming does not work it may be the connection to the bottle drawing in air.

As a test submerge the soft tubing directly into the liquid and see if it starts working.
Lol I actually did do that, and it did. So I may have to find a way to connect the rigid to soft tubing.

eggplantparrot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you have the bottle cap screwed on tight? Do you have an airhole to let air in when the fluid gets pumped out?

rlman41299

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i had that same connection and will not work. Using the quick connect is the problem, just use one tubing cause the john guest is sucking in air.
What I did on mine is I drilled the quick connect through so my soft tubing can go through.

jrill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On mine I used the RODI tubing to come out of the fitting on the bottle. Then a 90 degree fitting to the intake tubing to the doser.

Attachments

• fitting.jpg
    fitting.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 61
OP
OP
Cantusaurus

Cantusaurus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you have the bottle cap screwed on tight? Do you have an airhole to let air in when the fluid gets pumped out?
I had screwed the bottle all the way. I also had added a small hole on the top to add air (not where the tubing connected though). I guess the two tubings just didn't work.

OP
OP
Cantusaurus

Cantusaurus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that the bluetooth pump? I have one of those, I think you've got the tubing mixed up. Try switching them around.
Yeah, it is the bluetooth. Really? Someone else said I needed to rearrange them. I looked at the instructions and it said input was the right, and output was the left, but maybe I misread or misinterpreted that.
I mean it works now. But the issue is that I have the tubing chilling in the container with no cap, and a plastic thing just sorta holding it in place.
So hopefully I can find a way to be able to firmly connect the airline tubing to the RO tubing

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 17 53.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.1%
Back