Keep your fingers crossed for me

Nirethell

Typical Wannabe Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My power was on and off for a bit there last night as well.. including a brownout that wouldn't let anything but my air blubbers run (ill take it). then I lost power twice, but before I went to bed everything was back on.. it was a roller coaster of a night last night.. But played some Cards against Humanity with my GF and my Best friend, so it was all good!

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the generator started! I went out one more time, although it had given me no indication it was going to turn over, and got it going. Holy stress! I was really starting to freak. Thanks for the good vibes!
I live in Connecticut, and we’re having a major storm.

Same thing happens with mine. Even though I run it regularly, sometimes it refuses to start when I need it. Let it sit for a bit and it will often then start. Always use gas stabilizer in any that will sit for a while.

OP
OP
rvlcf

rvlcf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My power was on and off for a bit there last night as well.. including a brownout that wouldn't let anything but my air blubbers run (ill take it). then I lost power twice, but before I went to bed everything was back on.. it was a roller coaster of a night last night.. But played some Cards against Humanity with my GF and my Best friend, so it was all good!
Glad it worked out for you. I bought the battery back up and the generator for just this type of situation. I really felt helpless at one point, and was imagining tearing down a dead tank today. Not a good feeling

OP
OP
rvlcf

rvlcf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same thing happens with mine. Even though I run it regularly, sometimes it refuses to start when I need it. Let it sit for a bit and it will often then start. Always use gas stabilizer in any that will sit for a while.

I do use the gas stabilizer, but hadn't started it for a while. I'll run it more often and check it if a storm is coming.
How's that giant new tank of yours?

Nirethell

Typical Wannabe Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad it worked out for you. I bought the battery back up and the generator for just this type of situation. I really felt helpless at one point, and was imagining tearing down a dead tank today. Not a good feeling

That is certainly a scary feeling.. All morning my GF has been calling me saying that my pumps werent working.. I figure is because internet is out and they arent able to connect to the reeflink.. so they decide to throw a disconnect error.. yippie..

I will be picking up some battery operated pumps in case this happens again..

chipmunkofdoom2

Always Making Something
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad you got it started. My power went out last week and it was not a fun experience. This is a good reminder to everyone to service your generators regularly!

Blitzie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I do with all my engines that don't run on a regular basis is
1) Use Seafoam in every tank of gas
2) when shutting it off I shut the fuel petcock off and allow the motor to stall

I have been doing this for years and it has done good for me.

Also home depot and others sell a product called Mechanic in a Bottle that is made just for this type of problem
http://b3cfuel.com/products/mechanic-in-a-bottle

JMetaxas

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
24 hours now with no power in Old Saybrook. I'm running my tank on the generator since last night. This freaking sucks. 3rd time this winter losing power. The electric utility is horrible. They've not brought anyone online in our town since last night.

Bubbabobobbrain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely glad to read that you got your generator going. I have the same issue with my generator. I let it sit a little too long and had some serious issues with it a few months ago when I lost power for 4 days. Luckily for me I didn’t have my reef tank then or I really would’ve been upset. I hope your power comes back on soon

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.6%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 156 67.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back