Keeping acro species

ello42

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all just a question i wanted too ask. im moving toward the acro species and wanted to know at the moment im keeping monti caps,digis and two rainbow montis and they are growing like weeds im planing to add pocillopora,stylos and staghorn any advise on specific acros i should try? I already ordered a bali slimer any comments would be apprecited.

SeaDweller

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Add any tried and true ones: red planet, slimer (like you did), stags, tenuis are super hardy, easy; really anything you can afford that’s been aqua-cultured. I wouldn’t add pocillopora, personally, because they can spawn and just take up spots you may not want them to.

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two commercial names i find are very easy to grow, well easy for acropora anyway.

Boom corals boom berry
Garf bonsai

johnalicia

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
slimers are easy keepers and are a good indicator. Start with a couple of cheap frags. If there growing and healthy in a couple of months then try some higher end stuff.

Thirdeyesight17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on the garf bonsai believe this was my first acro and I've never had any issues with it pretty fast grower too.

Bob Weigant

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Add any tried and true ones: red planet, slimer (like you did), stags, tenuis are super hardy, easy; really anything you can afford that’s been aqua-cultured. I wouldn’t add pocillopora, personally, because they can spawn and just take up spots you may not want them to.
Totally agree. I regretted putting a pocillopora in my tank. Took me a long time to get rid of it all

OP
OP
ello42

ello42

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the responses guys much appreciated regarding the pocillopora i dont mind it popping all over my tank because in nature it will spread far and wide same with xenia same with mushrooms why keep something you know it can spread and complain afterwards

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I agree completely with this.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 74 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back