Keeping lineatus wrasse

3 to 5 lineatus wrasse in 700 gallon aquarium ? All females at once??
Assuming we’re talking about Cirrhilabrus lineatus, I’d stick to 3 and start all as females (best way to know and guarantee they’re females is through starting them from 2 inch specimens if you can get them).

If it’s Anampses lineatus then you’d need to ensure you’ve got a fairly fine sand bed and could do a group of 4-5 starting them as females - it’s rare I find that people get Anampses species to transition in captivity. Nobody really knows why, but very few species transition, we only seem to get A. neoguinaicus to transition.
 
3 to 5 lineatus wrasse in 700 gallon aquarium ? All females at once??
Assuming we’re talking about Cirrhilabrus lineatus, I’d stick to 3 and start all as females (best way to know and guarantee they’re females is through starting them from 2 inch specimens if you can get them).

If it’s Anampses lineatus then you’d need to ensure you’ve got a fairly fine sand bed and could do a group of 4-5 starting them as females - it’s rare I find that people get Anampses species to transition in captivity. Nobody really knows why, but very few species transition, we only seem to get A. neoguinaicus to transition.
Thanks the c lineatus is correct!!!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new