Keeping nutrient levels down in a nano

Brent02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. I have an LPS Biocube 32 with a Prime 16. I’ve tried feeding my corals in the past weekly with reef roids. Every time I feed my nitrates and phosphates spike (quite a bit). I run chemipure blue, filter floss and a skimmer that’s mainly there because I run a co2 scrubber with it to stabilize PH. I’m looking for advice on feeding corals in a nano without skyrocketing nutrient levels.
Thank you!

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try a food with less impact on nitrate and phosphate. I find reef energy to be good for this. Alternatively, since it is LPS, I would just feed them pellets and pick up what they drop. Baby brine shrimp is also another great food.

The easiest thing though is to rinse the filter pad once a day or sometime after feeding. It truly is the easiest way to keep nitrate and phosphate down.

Upvote 0

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. I have an LPS Biocube 32 with a Prime 16. I’ve tried feeding my corals in the past weekly with reef roids. Every time I feed my nitrates and phosphates spike (quite a bit). I run chemipure blue, filter floss and a skimmer that’s mainly there because I run a co2 scrubber with it to stabilize PH. I’m looking for advice on feeding corals in a nano without skyrocketing nutrient levels.
Thank you!

It is SUPER potent stuff. What type of corals are you feeding? most big mouth LPS will prefer mysis and such.

I would suggest feeding before your weekly water change.

I will be honest. I never feed my phosynthetic corals. It isn't nessisary although feeding something like an acan Mysis will likely make them grow faster.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
B

Brent02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is SUPER potent stuff. What type of corals are you feeding? most big mouth LPS will prefer mysis and such.

I would suggest feeding before your weekly water change.

I will be honest. I never feed my phosynthetic corals. It isn't nessisary although feeding something like an acan Mysis will likely make them grow faster.
I have acans, blastos, firework clove polyp, torches, hammers, palys and zoas. Gonna have to figure out a way to feed them mysis without the clowns taking it.

Upvote 0

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 141 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back