Keith's IM 100 INT

dangit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This tank build looks exciting build! I see you are going with the CoralVue controllers.. have you been able to use those before? I'm debating on getting on the Hydros Control X10... what do you think?

sugar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This came up in another thread and I didn't know the answer because my system still isn't set up!

How far from the wall is your EXT?? The overflow is approx. 3.5" wide (from the tank), and someone said they thought the tank's back wall would sit around 6" from the wall? All depends on the user too, of course!

Oops! You have the INT, I forgot! Still, a few inches from the wall??

Last edited:

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This came up in another thread and I didn't know the answer because my system still isn't set up!

How far from the wall is your EXT?? The overflow is approx. 3.5" wide (from the tank), and someone said they thought the tank's back wall would sit around 6" from the wall? All depends on the user too, of course!
Pictures might be worth the explanation. I have stairs involved but my tank stand sits 8.25” off the wall which the plumbing ends up being 3.5” from the wall. 6” off the wall would just clear the plumbing. If the plumbing ever gets condensate, it might affect the paint/wall.

Attachments

• IMG_0153.jpeg
    IMG_0153.jpeg
    103.1 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_0151.jpeg
    IMG_0151.jpeg
    102 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_0154.jpeg
    IMG_0154.jpeg
    164.1 KB · Views: 88
OP
OP
crabgrass

crabgrass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Oops! You have the INT, I forgot! Still, a few inches from the wall??

In haven’t locked in everything, but it’ll be pretty close 3-4 inches from the wall. Enough that I can fit my hand back there, but not much more.

OP
OP
crabgrass

crabgrass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Display is up. 2 and a half of us just hand rushed it from my garage to family room.

Sump is setup as far as I can tell. I will have a post outline what I did in the future.

It’s 8:30 pm here and I don’t want to leak test it tonight, but will get up early to fill it up.

Here are pictures so far

Attachments

• IMG_2947.jpeg
    IMG_2947.jpeg
    142.8 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_2948.jpeg
    IMG_2948.jpeg
    164.3 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_2949.jpeg
    IMG_2949.jpeg
    156.7 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_2950.jpeg
    IMG_2950.jpeg
    119.2 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_2955.jpeg
    IMG_2955.jpeg
    175.1 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_2954.jpeg
    IMG_2954.jpeg
    133 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_2953.jpeg
    IMG_2953.jpeg
    117.3 KB · Views: 78
OP
OP
crabgrass

crabgrass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now the real fun begins.
My ammonia is finally 0 from the live rock. Only Took 2 weeks.

Yep. I have 80 lbs of rock that has been curing for 30 days that I plan to transfer into this tank once I fill it up and get the salinity right. After that, 80 lbs of “live” sand. Theoretically it should be cycled.

I did order another 15 lbs of live rocks from KP aquatics to help jump start the systems. I am guessing given the other rocks have been cycled it shouldn’t have a major impact by adding them?

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep. I have 80 lbs of rock that has been curing for 30 days that I plan to transfer into this tank once I fill it up and get the salinity right. After that, 80 lbs of “live” sand. Theoretically it should be cycled.

I did order another 15 lbs of live rocks from KP aquatics to help jump start the systems. I am guessing given the other rocks have been cycled it shouldn’t have a major impact by adding them?
I think just a little spike from what doesn't survive. only saw ammonia. pH and alk is low. personally if you could swing a few bucks, I'd buy the 20lbs of Premium from TBS instead. If you do your 80 of cooked dry rock with that it would almost be a focal point. minimum order shows 20lbs. I like all the bright colored sponges. (and thats only base). My 112 has 80lb of Arag and I could have gone with just a tad more. I have the rock sitting on egg crate puzzle pieces to keep it off the glass.

OP
OP
crabgrass

crabgrass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the final equipment list.

I will post a separate sump setup later. The IM 100 INT has a RSF 39 Sump, which is huge. This is theoretically good, but is a challenge to mount and fit stuff. I also plan on detailing how I am setting up my Hydros as well, although that is currently a WIP

Innovative Marine 100INT | System: 150 gallons | Display: 100 gallons | Sump: 50 gallons | ATO: 5 gallons | Total Water Volume (including rocks/sand/equipment): 86
Return Pump:
MightJet XL (Running @40%)
UV Sterilizer: AquaUltraviolet 25-watt | UV Pump: VarioS-4 (Running @ 40%)
Controller: Hydros | X8, X10, X2, X4, WE, WE Light, IV
Skimmer: Nyos Quantum 160
Reactors: BRS GFO & Carbon Mini Reactor
BioMedia: Polyp Lab Genesis
Filtration: Klir 4 DI 2
Wavemakers: 2x Maxspect XF330 (20-60% random) | 2x Octopulse 2 (30% fixed, IceCap battery backup)
Heating: Primary/Secondary: IM Helio PTC 2x200W (400W Total), Tertiary BRS 300W Titanium Heater
Lighting: EcoTech Radion 2x XR30 G6 Blue | ChaetoMax 2-In-1 Refugium LED Light (18 Watt) - Innovative Marine
ATO: Trigger ATO Reservoir (5 Gallon), Hydros ATO
Primary Testing: Hydros (Temperature, Salinity, pH, ORP, KH) | Seachem Ammonia Alert
Secondary Testing: Hanna, Salifert | Salinity, KH, Ca, Mg, NO3, PO4
Dosing (not started yet): All4Reef | NOPOX

Rocks: 85lbs CaribSea Liferock (cured for 30+ days), 15 lbs KP Aquatics Aquacultured Rock
Substrate: 80lbs Bahamas Oolite Live Reef Sand
Other Stuff to add some bio-diversity:

Last edited:

fishface NJ

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where will you place your ATO container? Is there room under the stand with that big sump that comes with the 100?

OP
OP
crabgrass

crabgrass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Other stuff happening this week
Where will you place your ATO container? Is there room under the stand with that big sump that comes with the 100?

Negative - no room in the stand for almost anything.

My wall layout goes:

ATO Container
controller panel (IKEA cabinet)
100 INT

That

OP
OP
crabgrass

crabgrass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This tank build looks exciting build! I see you are going with the CoralVue controllers.. have you been able to use those before? I'm debating on getting on the Hydros Control X10... what do you think?

Hey - brand new to Hydros. Overall, I like it a lot. There is a bit of a learning curve, and CoralVlue documentation is OK-ish.

I am still enabling a lot of things, and I will have a post outlining my setup once I am good with it.

I have the X10 and Hydros IV (for automate KH testing). I haven't fully set it up.

sugar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very exciting! Looking great. Glad you got the tank in and on the stand without a hitch! She's a beast.

Awesome looking equipment list. I'm particularly interested in the wavemakers!! I'm going to try to use the ones I have but I'll likely need to bite the bullet and I want to try a gyre or two!

OP
OP
crabgrass

crabgrass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very exciting! Looking great. Glad you got the tank in and on the stand without a hitch! She's a beast.

Awesome looking equipment list. I'm particularly interested in the wavemakers!! I'm going to try to use the ones I have but I'll likely need to bite the bullet and I want to try a gyre or two!

Thanks! It took an about 24 hours of doing solid leak checks to make sure all the seals were good and minor tweaking. I think (hope) we’re good.

Overall, the total water volume (display + sump filled to 9”), is 86 gallons. That’s with 85 lbs of rocks + 80 lbs of sand. The INT reservior takes a lot of water volume. Your EXT should hold much more.

Wavemaker- I got a really good deal on the XF 330s, on CoralVues site. They were on clearance for under 100 a piece (not including pump). They are a lot quieter than I expected.

sugar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! It took an about 24 hours of doing solid leak checks to make sure all the seals were good and minor tweaking. I think (hope) we’re good.

Overall, the total water volume (display + sump filled to 9”), is 86 gallons. That’s with 85 lbs of rocks + 80 lbs of sand. The INT reservior takes a lot of water volume. Your EXT should hold much more.

Wavemaker- I got a really good deal on the XF 330s, on CoralVues site. They were on clearance for under 100 a piece (not including pump). They are a lot quieter than I expected.

Good to know!! I'm very interested to see how much water the EXT will hold. I'll measure it while filling and report back!!

Can't wait to see how your build progresses!

FMF0331

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wish there was more room under the cabinet, I would need to store my calcium reactor / trident / co2 tank and all the other nonsense involved with this lovely hobby.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 82 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back