kessil a150w led lighting...

stephnjeph

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hello.. I wanted to test the new Kessil a150w deep ocean led lamps. I have heard much greatness about them in the past few months and thought that I would give them a try. I purchased 7 of the 20k deep oceans and 2 of the 10ks. I have set one of the lamps up so far as a test on a 50g cube style tank setup with mostly zoas. After a couple of weeks of monitoring, I will then decide on weather or not to install them on any other tanks here. Later today, I will be installing one lamp over half of my frags tank. As of now, there are 17 different variants of zoas in the cube. There are also a few palys, a frogspawn, clove polyps, and a cup coral. All of them seem to be happy and appear healthy. The lamp, I installed last night. Today will be there first full day of this type of lighting. Previously, they were lit by an aqualife 6 bulb t5 unit. I have a picture of the new lighting as their polyps first started opening this morning. The picture is rather odd. I cannot seem to get a whole tank picture that appears normal. The shimmer of the lighting affects my picture quality. Zoom pictures appear fine, but the photos from a distance display the shimmer awkwardly. I will update soon if anyone shows interest.

_Alex_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
would love to see it! i ahve looked at these lights for a while but was waiting in hopes of a dimmable model!! and yes LED's are very difficult to take pics of with a cheap camera...

OP
OP
stephnjeph

stephnjeph

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
IMAG0285.jpg
IMAG0286.jpg

OP
OP
stephnjeph

stephnjeph

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
i will try to get better photos later today and try to post then

blesk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hove is the spred in this lights vhot you think howe maney you need for 48x24x18 ty.

OP
OP
stephnjeph

stephnjeph

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I will post a few photos this evening... @blesk, one individual Kessil led fixture claims to fully light a 24" x 24" area with penetration beyond the depth of your tank. According to those statistics, Kessil would recommend just two of their fixtures for your tank. One fixture per 2' square. The Kessil website may be able to explain it better for you. I will get their specs and post them this evening when I post the new photos.

OP
OP
stephnjeph

stephnjeph

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I appoligise for the delay in posts!!! Life happened and took me with it. I have been so busy with Aquariums, Family, and my Medical issues. Regardless, I would like to take the time and finish my review. Since my last post, I have had the time to experience the changes in the life of my test tank. The results were great!! So great, that i Upraded 3 more of my tanks to Kessil LEDs. The growth for SPS, LPS, and Softies was surprisingly well. I have an Orange Montipora Cap in one of my display tanks and it has nearly doubled in size in the past couple of months. The Monti is an appox. 14" in diameter with a 6" height and is very beautiful. We currently own the 10k, 15k, and 20k lighting styles from Kessil. I currently use the "Goose Necks" as a mounting option on all of my tanks, though they are just as nice mounted hanging from the ceiling. The amount of light produced by these small canons is amazing. I personally enjoy the deep ocean blue 20k style lighting and host them on 3 of my tanks. They produce no noise, and nearly zero heat. The only cons I would say, would be that they are not dimmable and offer no support for an AI controller or computerised interface. Other than that I would highly recommend them to others. I will post a few photos shortly... I hope my experience helps others in some way.

OP
OP
stephnjeph

stephnjeph

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
All of my picture files seem to be too large to upload i guess. I will attempt to shrink them real quick so i can post them.

OP
OP
stephnjeph

stephnjeph

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The Deep blue colored tanks are all 20k, and the white colored tank and sump are 10k.

Back