chill903

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All,

I figured someone out there might benefit from the mounting solution I came up with for my 3 Kessil A360s over my 120 gallon mixed reef tank. I also integrated 3 lunar lights from the Neptune Lunar Simulator Module. This design could easily be modified to house any number of Kessils or other LED/T5s.

Essentially, it's a floating canopy attached on an articulating TV arm mount. Wires are run down the arm mount and through the wall to keep cord mess to a minimum. The beauty of this solution is the arm can easily be raised or swung out of the way for easy access to the aquarium.

The Kessils are mounted on a piece of extruded 80/20 aluminum so they can be moved left or right inside the canopy if needed.

A small bubble level is hidden under the mount if I want to check my leveling at any time.

Enjoy.

Canopy 1.png

Canopy 2.png

Canopy 3.png

71epNn4ggTL._SL1500_.jpg

IMG_6994.JPG

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All,

I figured someone out there might benefit from the mounting solution I came up with for my 3 Kessil A360s over my 120 gallon mixed reef tank. I also integrated 3 lunar lights from the Neptune Lunar Simulator Module. This design could easily be modified to house any number of Kessils or other LED/T5s.

Essentially, it's a floating canopy attached on an articulating TV arm mount. Wires are run down the arm mount and through the wall to keep cord mess to a minimum. The beauty of this solution is the arm can easily be raised or swung out of the way for easy access to the aquarium.

The Kessils are mounted on a piece of extruded 80/20 aluminum so they can be moved left or right inside the canopy if needed.

A small bubble level is hidden under the mount if I want to check my leveling at any time.

Enjoy.

Canopy 1.png

Canopy 2.png

Canopy 3.png

71epNn4ggTL._SL1500_.jpg

IMG_6994.JPG
That is awesome! And easy to move out if the way if needed

Brian Fabiano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey. Great design. Where did you find this specific articulating TV arm mount? I like that you can route the cables through it, but can't find something similar.

OP
OP
chill903

chill903

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found it on Amazon, but I’m sure there are other similar items elsewhere:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0196FG8H8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_l1H4BbWG409DK

Since I made the canopy, I retrofitted two T5s underneath. Having to do it over again I may have used something like this one I see on Bulk Reef Supply:

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/36-...re-with-led-mounting-system-aquatic-life.html

Then I would have figured how to mount it to the arm and skin it. That way the T5s would have been ready to go from the start.

b0d4ceb258ad39990c4628c567759570.jpg

1Clown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All,

Enjoy.

Canopy 1.png

Canopy 2.png

Canopy 3.png

71epNn4ggTL._SL1500_.jpg

IMG_6994.JPG

I know this is old but I would like to know how you attatched the Kessils to the aluminum, I'm looking at using 45x46 extruded aluminum, thanks.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back