Kessil a360w

bottled-ocean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking about purchasing these lights and was wondering if anybody has heard any good or negative comments about these lights

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking about purchasing these lights and was wondering if anybody has heard any good or negative comments about these lights
I've ran Kessil's since 2012.

What are the dimensions of your tank? :)

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
48 in wide
What's the depth and height?
What kind of lighting do your run now?
Also what kind of corals do your have or like?

And what's drawing you to go with Kessil?

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To your post #1
Kessil's have about the best led/mh shimmer out there. They have great customer service. The Kessil Logic is wonderful as to keep a healthy spectrum for your corals. The led colors are already mixed when they leave the lens. The Kessil Spectral Controller is great and only $99.

You must buy enough units to the get the correct led spread to grow SPS properly.
If you like tinkering with a lot of colors and lightning effects then the A360's are not for you.
Kessil does not release their specs. like par etc.. to the public.

I have a 42" long tank and run a kessil mh/t5 hybird light and my reef loves it.

After all things considered if I went all led today. I'd buy 2 GHL Mitra 7's and run them long ways to my 42" length.

Regards, GoVols

Last edited:

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All other reefers please give @bottled-ocean your "Not Heard" thoughts but your honest +'s and -'s to your experience running the A360's.

3mm3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am running these on my corner reef. Prior to these I ran orphek. I personally looked at many different brands before purchasing the kessils and my 2 cents where they where the best for what I was looking for. I don't like chasing individual colors like most other led pendants. Also having a lighting system that closely resembled halides was a must. I control them with the kessil controller and keep my light blend at 50%. Shimmer is amazing. Color is good and completely blended in every part of the tank. They can grow anything I have tried. Zoas, lps and sps.

Reef_Tank_Fan_SC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am running these on my corner reef. Prior to these I ran orphek. I personally looked at many different brands before purchasing the kessils and my 2 cents where they where the best for what I was looking for. I don't like chasing individual colors like most other led pendants. Also having a lighting system that closely resembled halides was a must. I control them with the kessil controller and keep my light blend at 50%. Shimmer is amazing. Color is good and completely blended in every part of the tank. They can grow anything I have tried. Zoas, lps and sps.
Do you mind my asking what size corner tank you have? I am in the process of trying to decide on lighting for my first reef tank and I also have a corner tank. It is a 54 gallon bowfront corner tank

OP
OP
bottled-ocean

bottled-ocean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like the way the LEDs shimmer in the sand. Plus you can't go wrong with A company that manufactures its own LEDs. I have just never used them and do not know what the coral growth is like. I have been using T5 bulbs for very long time and have had good success with them. But this build that I'm doing now is going to be a in the wall system and going to try to minimize heat and and conserve electricity as much as possible.

James Weir

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i've got 12 Kessil 360 tuna's and one daylight. i dont bother with other lights, these are at the top of my list

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 85 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back