Kessil A360WE Watt Draw

garbled

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone running Kessil A360WE's with an eb832, or a kill-a-watt, I'm curious what the watt draw is on these? I just got a new one, and was mucking about with the settings, and looked later at my eb832 graphs and it was showing around 50 watts at what I think was maximum blue setting..

Is that normal? Is it only running 50W because the whites are offline? Anyone have any data?

Joe31415

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have those lights so I can't test them, but the specs say 90W. I would gather 90W would require everything maxed out since the specs are likely listing the maximum it can pull from the wall. It would make sense that you're getting about half the rated watts if you're running about half the LEDs.
Also, FWIW, I wouldn't necessarily assume the amount of watts is lists on your phone is totally connected to what's happening in the real world.

PS, if you happen to have a multimeter with an amp clamp, you can measure watts without needing a kill-a-watt or Neptune energy bar.

Kessil

Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
50W sounds a bit low. See if you're getting 70+ watts with all the way white.

It's possible you may have a channel out that's causing the light to not output as much as it should.

Let us know the results and we can assist from there.

OP
OP
garbled

garbled

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, just turned it to full white, full intensity, and the apex is measuring 74 watts. Is that about correct? I haven't run one of these before, so I'm not 100% sure what to expect for the numbers, just 50 struck me as super odd..

Kessil

Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, just turned it to full white, full intensity, and the apex is measuring 74 watts. Is that about correct? I haven't run one of these before, so I'm not 100% sure what to expect for the numbers, just 50 struck me as super odd..
Hmm.

It's possible you've got a channel on the blue that's not functioning. Can you try to take a photo of the LED array itself when the light is turned all the way to blue where you can see the LED chips? You may need to use a pair of sunglasses to shade the camera.

Email that photo to [email protected] and we can help out.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.2%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back