Kessil A360X PAR Measurements

Got sidetracked but thanks OP for the par info! Haven’t had a chance to rent a meter so def helps to at least get an idea of par output for my own tanks

Oh and I do agree violet option really gives a new dimension to the looks as well as some par output - curious if you still have the meter and can test with violet included (even if it may be a bit off as mentioned earlier)
 
Thank you and no worries. I personally think these are great lights, but most people expect them (like many other led's) to cover more area than they can, especially with sps. All you have to do is understand their capabilities and utilize them properly. Whenever I see the Radion vs Kessil post, I just laugh, especially when you count the number of lights they're using. Sps require complete coverage, no matter what light you're using. Sorry, back to the thread.
I agree completely, love these lights and now they got adapters where you can turn the lights 360 degrees to help those sps that may have some shadows.
 
These are the par im getting for 4 a360x at 100% and 50%
color:30
Violet: 100
Red:20
G:0
Btw good thing i checked because i just noticed there is a mean hotspot in the middle holy cow.

20200727_191908.jpg 20200727_191230.jpg
 
Got sidetracked but thanks OP for the par info! Haven’t had a chance to rent a meter so def helps to at least get an idea of par output for my own tanks

Oh and I do agree violet option really gives a new dimension to the looks as well as some par output - curious if you still have the meter and can test with violet included (even if it may be a bit off as mentioned earlier)
Here is 20% clear, 100% violet, 20% red, at 100% intensity...
E37BAE8C-9062-441F-AD75-1541F2535937.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 52.2%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 30.4%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new