Kessil A360X turns off under high intensity (solved)

spillindillon

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 27, 2024
Messages
7
Reaction score
2
Location
Westminster
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently, my A360X was turning itself off at high intensities. I used my multimeter to check the power supply. It was showing 19v output. That's about the extent of my electrical expertise.

That being, I decided to send my light to fixreef.com. He is great. Diagnosed my light as being just fine. I purchased a new A360XE while they were on sale and tried hooking that up to my old power supply. It shut right off at high intensity.

So, I'm just putting this experience out there for future people looking to diagnose their lights. The power supply model # for the A360X is ADP-90WH H, whereas the new power supply is ADP-90WH K. Not sure what the difference is, but the A360XE does have a ferrite ring, whereas the older power supply doesn't.
 
Recently, my A360X was turning itself off at high intensities. I used my multimeter to check the power supply. It was showing 19v output. That's about the extent of my electrical expertise.

That being, I decided to send my light to fixreef.com. He is great. Diagnosed my light as being just fine. I purchased a new A360XE while they were on sale and tried hooking that up to my old power supply. It shut right off at high intensity.

So, I'm just putting this experience out there for future people looking to diagnose their lights. The power supply model # for the A360X is ADP-90WH H, whereas the new power supply is ADP-90WH K. Not sure what the difference is, but the A360XE does have a ferrite ring, whereas the older power supply doesn't.
Thank you for this info. are you happy with your par under that light? Mine isn’t impressing me. Going to go back to t5 or maybe a hybrid. The shimmer is what makes that light worth it to me
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 11 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new