Kessil A80 for a 7 gallon??

M3d1C

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Okay, so I have a Lifeguard 7 gallon slant front nano reef I've just started. I'm looking at replacing the Lifeguard Aquatics LED light that came with the tank with a Kessil A80, gooseneck and Spectral Controller for ease of use and the awesome shimmer effect. My questions are this... 1) Does the Kessil gooseneck keep the light at a decent level above the water? My tank is only 10.5 inches deep after all. (2 Is there a lot of light spillage into the room? 3) Do you think it will be worth it with the slanted front glass?

20200209_154256.jpg

Sosuke

View Badges
Reaction score
I have a kessil a80 although I don't have a controller I had heard they are a pain to use but that's what Ive heard, anyways mine makes a bit of light splash depending on how dark the room is. A seven gallon tank I think the goose neck will work fine above the tank its a great light

OP
M3d1C

M3d1C

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I have a kessil a80 although I don't have a controller I had heard they are a pain to use but that's what Ive heard, anyways mine makes a bit of light splash depending on how dark the room is. A seven gallon tank I think the goose neck will work fine above the tank its a great light
Awesome! Thank you!

Fritz

What types of R2R interview articles are you most excited about?

• Specific reef topics! (List the ones you'd like to see us cover in the thread.)

Votes: 60 38.2%
  • Specific reef personalities! (List the people you'd like us to interview in the thread.)

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • Not that concerned about the topics...I just wanna see the awesome PICTURES!

Votes: 30 19.1%
  • All of the above!! ...and yes, I'll list some in the thread. :-)

Votes: 58 36.9%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
LA