Kessil A80 for a 7 gallon??

M3d1C

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 9, 2020
Messages
85
Reaction score
126
What state or country do you live in
Iowa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, so I have a Lifeguard 7 gallon slant front nano reef I've just started. I'm looking at replacing the Lifeguard Aquatics LED light that came with the tank with a Kessil A80, gooseneck and Spectral Controller for ease of use and the awesome shimmer effect. My questions are this... 1) Does the Kessil gooseneck keep the light at a decent level above the water? My tank is only 10.5 inches deep after all. (2 Is there a lot of light spillage into the room? 3) Do you think it will be worth it with the slanted front glass?

20200209_154256.jpg
 
I have a kessil a80 although I don't have a controller I had heard they are a pain to use but that's what Ive heard, anyways mine makes a bit of light splash depending on how dark the room is. A seven gallon tank I think the goose neck will work fine above the tank its a great light
 
I have a kessil a80 although I don't have a controller I had heard they are a pain to use but that's what Ive heard, anyways mine makes a bit of light splash depending on how dark the room is. A seven gallon tank I think the goose neck will work fine above the tank its a great light
Awesome! Thank you!
 
I have the same tank with an A80 over it on my desk at work. The mini gooseneck puts the light about 7-8" over the water.
 
I have the same tank with an A80 over it on my desk at work. The mini gooseneck puts the light about 7-8" over the water.
Yes! this is what I was hoping to hear from someone!! Thank you!
 
I have the same tank with an A80 over it on my desk at work. The mini gooseneck puts the light about 7-8" over the water.
Would you happen to have pictures of your tank with the light and the corals you have? I'd love to see it!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 30.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 17 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new