Kessil A80 for a 7 gallon??

M3d1C

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, so I have a Lifeguard 7 gallon slant front nano reef I've just started. I'm looking at replacing the Lifeguard Aquatics LED light that came with the tank with a Kessil A80, gooseneck and Spectral Controller for ease of use and the awesome shimmer effect. My questions are this... 1) Does the Kessil gooseneck keep the light at a decent level above the water? My tank is only 10.5 inches deep after all. (2 Is there a lot of light spillage into the room? 3) Do you think it will be worth it with the slanted front glass?

20200209_154256.jpg

Sosuke

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a kessil a80 although I don't have a controller I had heard they are a pain to use but that's what Ive heard, anyways mine makes a bit of light splash depending on how dark the room is. A seven gallon tank I think the goose neck will work fine above the tank its a great light

OP
OP
M3d1C

M3d1C

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a kessil a80 although I don't have a controller I had heard they are a pain to use but that's what Ive heard, anyways mine makes a bit of light splash depending on how dark the room is. A seven gallon tank I think the goose neck will work fine above the tank its a great light
Awesome! Thank you!

Potatohead

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same tank with an A80 over it on my desk at work. The mini gooseneck puts the light about 7-8" over the water.

OP
OP
M3d1C

M3d1C

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same tank with an A80 over it on my desk at work. The mini gooseneck puts the light about 7-8" over the water.
Would you happen to have pictures of your tank with the light and the corals you have? I'd love to see it!

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back