Kessil app gone rogue

Johnny C

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I lost communication with my master light. (I have 3 ap9x’s) my schedule disappeared from the Kessil app. I spent 58 minutes on the phone with Kessil we thought we had it…. She at Kessil walked me through many things over and over. She was stumped also..we disconnected off of my WiFi and just used Kessil WiFi. Unfortunately I am unable to get onto twitter to retrieve my old schedule. Because i can’t be on Kessil WiFi and my own wifi at the same time now. I was ready to re-right the schedule oh I don’t like this at all. Then I see that one of the 3 went back to its original schedule. I look on the app and it only shows 2 lights and the two are following the preset tuna blue schedule. Not the one my tank has been living on. I factory reset all of the and deleted the app. I re-connected all lights to my WiFi successfully. But now I get “error failed to retrieve application permission. I have no idea how to authenticate app. When I click ok on the error it takes me to another page and I can’t push the authenticate app button. Can anyone help please

E709C881-C471-4629-96BE-A9CD027B30A4.jpeg

ScubaFish802

Just keep swimming
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if helpful or related, but I'll at least bump your post.
I also have an AP9x and when accessing the app on my phone I first need to switch my wifi network settings on my phone to connect to the kessil wifi (instead of our xfinity/home network).

Might be worth continuing to contact Kessil - there is always the potential you might have gotten a unit that has some sort of issue internally or whatnot - I know Apex has issues like that occasionally where the unit is defective out of the new box.

Also, I don't think they are active anymore but @Kessil

Hurricane Aquatics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I would also make sure you don't have only one wifi network name on your router. Most wifi routers now are both 2.4ghz and 5ghz. You need to make sure each of those have a different wifi name that yih can connect to. Then use the 2.4ghz for the Kessil and any other aquarium equipment you need wifi for.

I've seen this cause many issues for reefers. You can look on your wifi router and see. It's called "Band Steering". If it's enabled, disable it and set your wifi names for something like "wifi 2.4" and "wifi 5" and connect the Kessil to the 2.4.

Back