Kessil H160 Flora

Discussion in 'Aquarium Lighting By Dana Riddle' started by Willz, Feb 22, 2019.

?
  1. Less than six hours

2. Between six and eight hours

3. Nine to eleven hours

4. More than eleven

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Willz

Willz Valuable Member

Hello all,

I recently bought some Kessil 160 Flora lights. I also, unfortunately, bought the Kessil Spectral X controller, which is compatible with the lights but is really for the 300 series lights.

The SpectralX unit allows for me to program the following variables: intensity, violet, red, and green. And obviously the time.

My questions are:

1. Is anyone familiar with what the appropriate settings on the SpectralX/H160 flora are for the purpose of growing macro algae?

2. I’m running it at night on a reverse cycle from the main lights. I run it from midnight to 9am (e.g., 9 hours). From your experience what is an acceptable amount of time to run them?

I’ve been using it for about a month and my macro (red oggo) is shrinking and shedding and I don’t want to kill it. So any in scope help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Will

2. drtrash

drtrash Valuable Member

Start slow, 6 hrs and adjust according to desired growth rate, use at 100%, dont need controller, great light have month for a few months, better than previous h380 and h80

3. Brian Fabiano

Brian Fabiano Member

You ever find the Spectral X Controller settings for H160 for growing macro algae?

4. Willz

Willz Valuable Member

Double post.

5. Willz

Willz Valuable Member

No, unfortunately all the macro died. I wish someone would post with specific percentages and times. I have 6 of these lights and was using one on the refugium before using the other five over a new 110g macro and seahorse tank.

Brian Fabiano likes this.
  6. Brian Fabiano

Brian Fabiano Member

I emailed Kessil:

Brian,
    You would put 40% for CLR (color) for Grow. The VI, R, G needs to be at 0 because these are used for tuna blue lights for color customization. Let us know if you have further questions. Thank you!
    Regards,
    Tiffany

kessil@kessil.com

Willz likes this.
  7. Willz

Willz Valuable Member

Thanks for checking!!! I’ll start ordering some macro and see how it goes :)

Draft saved Draft deleted