Kessil H160 Flora

Discussion in 'Aquarium Lighting By Dana Riddle' started by Willz, Feb 22, 2019.

?
  1. Less than six hours

2. Between six and eight hours

3. Nine to eleven hours

4. More than eleven

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Willz

Willz Well-Known Member

Hello all,

I recently bought some Kessil 160 Flora lights. I also, unfortunately, bought the Kessil Spectral X controller, which is compatible with the lights but is really for the 300 series lights.

The SpectralX unit allows for me to program the following variables: intensity, violet, red, and green. And obviously the time.

My questions are:

1. Is anyone familiar with what the appropriate settings on the SpectralX/H160 flora are for the purpose of growing macro algae?

2. I’m running it at night on a reverse cycle from the main lights. I run it from midnight to 9am (e.g., 9 hours). From your experience what is an acceptable amount of time to run them?

I’ve been using it for about a month and my macro (red oggo) is shrinking and shedding and I don’t want to kill it. So any in scope help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Will

2. drtrash

drtrash Well-Known Member

Start slow, 6 hrs and adjust according to desired growth rate, use at 100%, dont need controller, great light have month for a few months, better than previous h380 and h80

Draft saved Draft deleted