Kessil h380 and fish

Psustein

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am building a mangrove/macroalgae/coral quarantine tank it will have a side with sand for the mangroves to grow out of, and a bare bottom side for a frag rack. I bought a kessil h380 for the side of the tank with mangroves and macroalgae. What I was curious about is I would like to put maybe two fish in the system, and I wanted to know if running the kessil to grow the macroalgae and mangroves would upset the fish. I don't want to stress the fish out more than necessary. I know i have seen people with fish in their refugium but i know everyone says how powerful the kessil h380 is so I just want to know if the fish would react negatively to it.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shallow water species will be fine. The light may be powerful, but not as powerful as the tropical sun.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
H380 is no more powerful than the A360 ...... which lots of people use over their displays.

OP
OP
Psustein

Psustein

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the feedback I'm confident the intensity won't have any effect but as a follow up how about the magenta or purple light. Will this light color bother the fish or no real effect.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 43.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 11 23.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 14 30.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.2%
Back