Kessil illogic-al?

Saintnovakai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys. A friend of mine thought his kessil was thirsty and sent it for a swim in his tank. It didn't power up after. Pulled it down and realized a few diodes went bad and ordered them. Fixed it and set it above the tank. Issue is, I don't know kessil and my friend is far away. I turn the colour knob and that shifts the colour.

Issue is, when I set it to full blue and start messing with the intensity, I realize half way that the light adds what's seem to be a smidge of what looks like white light. Is that normal?

I looked at the diodes on a piece of glass to see the reflection and I see that at lower settings there are two middle and one row on each side of it lit. Then as I turn it up yet get brighter and then mid way I see a few unlit whitish looking diodes fill-in, inbetween the blues.

Is that normal?

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys. A friend of mine thought his kessil was thirsty and sent it for a swim in his tank. It didn't power up after. Pulled it down and realized a few diodes went bad and ordered them. Fixed it and set it above the tank. Issue is, I don't know kessil and my friend is far away. I turn the colour knob and that shifts the colour.

Issue is, when I set it to full blue and start messing with the intensity, I realize half way that the light adds what's seem to be a smidge of what looks like white light. Is that normal?

I looked at the diodes on a piece of glass to see the reflection and I see that at lower settings there are two middle and one row on each side of it lit. Then as I turn it up yet get brighter and then mid way I see a few unlit whitish looking diodes fill-in, inbetween the blues.

Is that normal?
Which kessil? My 360’s do that so I’d say it’s normal.

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah it's the 360we. I think it would be a comparison of shifting between deep ocean blue to a skyish blue. Yours does the same thing?
Yea after about 25% I think it adds a fair amount of white.

OP
OP
Saintnovakai

Saintnovakai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea after about 25% I think it adds a fair amount of white.
Thanks brother. I appreciate the help. Thought I mucked it up there. Lol.

Kinda disappointed that it doesn't get intense blue though. Kinda feel like both knobs do almost the same thing colour wise but just at a higher ratio.

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks brother. I appreciate the help. Thought I mucked it up there. Lol.

Kinda disappointed that it doesn't get intense blue though. Kinda feel like both knobs do almost the same thing colour wise but just at a higher ratio.
Anytime. Yea I agree 100%

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 42.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 20.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 42 33.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back