• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Kessil Light Director: Save your sump!

MUSE1089

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey! The forum “pay now” system is down, so we got an okay from a moderator to do direct sales until it’s back up again. So I can take payment via PayPal, and get it out to you. I do have some made, so it should be pretty quick!
Harold - Can you either DM me your email address for PayPal or reply with it in the thread so that I can send you payment?

OP
OP
TheHarold

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How difficult would it be to make one for the H80?

Hello!

ive been approached a few times about making one for the H80, but that’s not a product I would be comfortable selling.

The entire aluminum body of the H80 is a heatsink, with no active cooling. Anything I made for it would be reducing its capability to dissipate heat, and reduce its lifespan. On the H380 and the a360, my light directors just fit onto the plastic trim piece.

CEReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!

ive been approached a few times about making one for the H80, but that’s not a product I would be comfortable selling.

The entire aluminum body of the H80 is a heatsink, with no active cooling. Anything I made for it would be reducing its capability to dissipate heat, and reduce its lifespan. On the H380 and the a360, my light directors just fit onto the plastic trim piece.
Got it! How short can you make the one for the 380? Gauging if worth buying one or the other light, and it would depend also on how easily I won’t have to deal with light dispersion in the sump.

Loggerhead

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you still making these for the H380? May be purchasing the light used, depends on condition when I see it. If I buy it I am interested. Thanks

OP
OP
TheHarold

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got it! How short can you make the one for the 380? Gauging if worth buying one or the other light, and it would depend also on how easily I won’t have to deal with light dispersion in the sump.

As short as you need! :)

Loggerhead

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perfect. I bought the light yesterday and will take some measurements for what height I need and pm you. I’m traveling a bit right now so it may be a couple of weeks, but I will be ordering one.

OP
OP
TheHarold

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Photo from a happy user:

bjGgu3V.jpg

OP
OP
TheHarold

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do I order one for kessil 160

Saw your message on eBay too- unfortunately I don’t have a H160 on hand to measure from and test the fitment. I would need to borrow one- I’ll see if perhaps my local fish store has an open one I can take measurements from.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 27 29.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 73 79.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 15 16.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 8 8.7%
  • Other

Votes: 8 8.7%
Back