Kessil Programming

AubreyLin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently set up 2 Kessil pendants over my tank. I programmed the sectrum and intensities and set it on acclimation mode. It is moving through each mode smoothly and I'm liking what I am seeing. My only problem is that it doesn't ever actually turn all the way off. I thought it would turn off at 7pm when it is programmed to be C0% and I0%, but it stays at it's lowest blue setting all through the night. How do I get it to turn completely off from 7p-7a? Thanks in advance!

FiremanRick

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm... I was just looking at mine and it’s programmed similar and it goes completely black once it gets to 0 on both sides. Let me ask you this, when you set your program, and run “preview” do they go black then??

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don't have it set for 7 am twice do you? If i remember correctly it uses military time (24) hours, so it should be 7:00AM 0%color 5%Intensity and then whatever settings throughout the day. Then 0% color 0% intensity at 19:00 (7:00PM) to turn them off for the day :)

So for example my schedule goes as follows:

10:00 0% color 5% intensity
12:00 35% color 40% intensity
13:00 50% color 50% intensity
17:00 50% color 50% intensity
18:00 35% color 40% intensity
20:00 0% color 0% intensity (off for the night)

I hope this helps you out :)

OP
OP
AubreyLin

AubreyLin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don't have it set for 7 am twice do you? If i remember correctly it uses military time (24) hours, so it should be 7:00AM 0%color 5%Intensity and then whatever settings throughout the day. Then 0% color 0% intensity at 19:00 (7:00PM) to turn them off for the day :)

So for example my schedule goes as follows:

10:00 0% color 5% intensity
12:00 35% color 40% intensity
13:00 50% color 50% intensity
17:00 50% color 50% intensity
18:00 35% color 40% intensity
20:00 0% color 0% intensity (off for the night)

I hope this helps you out :)
That's how I have it set, on military time, no duplicate times.

OP
OP
AubreyLin

AubreyLin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm... I was just looking at mine and it’s programmed similar and it goes completely black once it gets to 0 on both sides. Let me ask you this, when you set your program, and run “preview” do they go black then??
I'll have to check when I get home tonight.

OP
OP
AubreyLin

AubreyLin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The last point on the controller must be 0% intensity or the LEDs will never turn off. Color does not matter.
Hmmmm, well the last setting of Intensity is 0, so idk what the deal is. I emailed Kessil. I'm going to try setting the 7a and 7p both for 0 and see what happens.

OP
OP
AubreyLin

AubreyLin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it’s figured out now, apparently you have to have all the knobs physically turned all the way down on the pendants in order to shut off. Working just fine now. Thanks for the help all! :)

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it’s figured out now, apparently you have to have all the knobs physically turned all the way down on the pendants in order to shut off. Working just fine now. Thanks for the help all! :)
I believe if the controller cable is plugged in, what your turn the knobs to shouldn't matter as the control cable overrides the knobs. Anywho glad you got it figured out :)

Tyler Caviness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve actually had this exact problem before. Check to make sure your cables are plugged into the right hole. Make sure the cable from the controller is going to the input on the first light, and that the link cable is going from the output on the first light to the input on the second light.
When it’s backwards, the knobs still affect things, but when it’s plugged in correctly, the controller completely overrides the knobs

OP
OP
AubreyLin

AubreyLin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve actually had this exact problem before. Check to make sure your cables are plugged into the right hole. Make sure the cable from the controller is going to the input on the first light, and that the link cable is going from the output on the first light to the input on the second light.
When it’s backwards, the knobs still affect things, but when it’s plugged in correctly, the controller completely overrides the knobs
Ok, wonderful! Because when I got up this morning they weren't on, even though when I "previewed" them last night they went through the cycle flawlessly. How do you know which one in output or input? I thought they were both labeled the same thing?

OP
OP
AubreyLin

AubreyLin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah the knobs on mine have no affect since
they’re plugged into the controller. But, if you have it working for you then roll with it
Yeah, it actually didn't work for me... the lights weren't on when I woke up this morning. I'm going to try to figure out which 10v hole is output/input and do what Tyler suggested. Working til 11p, so we'll see later. Fingers crossed!

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, it actually didn't work for me... the lights weren't on when I woke up this morning. I'm going to try to figure out which 10v hole is output/input and do what Tyler suggested. Working til 11p, so we'll see later. Fingers crossed!
It should be labeled around each hole which one is which.

ASAP-Aquarium_Kessil_A360We_90_Watt_LED_02_5ed70a62-a064-4c98-b6d9-dd99449fc963_large.jpg

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 111 77.1%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 11 7.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 20 13.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back