Kessil Question

jeff1225

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After a long time out of the hobby, I’m building a new softy reef tank. My tank is 48” wide and I’m vacillating between buying two a360x pendants and one a90x light panel. Any recommendations would be extremely helpful.

Thanks!

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ap9x is specifically made for a 24x48 spread and comes with WiFi onboard so you don’t need dongles, controllers etc. the 360s might be better if you wanted to spread them further apart or reduced shadowing

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It depends on your rock work? Are you going to use a canopy or keep is clean looking with one or two fixtures in the open? For a clean look, either would work, but if you're using a canopy, I would use two 360x's and a couple LED bars to "fill" the whole tank. If you're sticking to just sofies, I think two 360x's will give you more flexibility in filling the tank, as the ap9x is fixed in it's coverage. I love Kessil's and use them on all of my tanks, but you could easily cover the tank with a couple LED bars (Quanta Pro's are my choice) and use one 360x in the middle? As you can see, there are a million ways to do this. ;)

OP
OP
J

jeff1225

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It depends on your rock work? Are you going to use a canopy or keep is clean looking with one or two fixtures in the open? For a clean look, either would work, but if you're using a canopy, I would use two 360x's and a couple LED bars to "fill" the whole tank. If you're sticking to just sofies, I think two 360x's will give you more flexibility in filling the tank, as the ap9x is fixed in it's coverage. I love Kessil's and use them on all of my tanks, but you could easily cover the tank with a couple LED bars (Quanta Pro's are my choice) and use one 360x in the middle? As you can see, there are a million ways to do this. ;)
Thank you for your response. My main goal is to buy quality. Whenever I cheap out in this hobby I lose. If I were get the Quanta Pro, what combo would you recommend?

Thanks!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 34.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back