OP
OP
kev.2013

kev.2013

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really nice, you have managed to make a 20g tank look like 80g.

I’m trying to decide between the Nuvo 30l and the nuvo 25g you haven’t made that decision any easier, the 30l has only a slightly bigger display volume than the 25g, bigger even only a little bit seems the right choice but it’s narrow, you have done a good job with the scape so thinking the wider floor space might be the way to go.
Thanks! Can’t go wrong either way with the 25 or 30L. I wish I had probably gone the 30L route, just to allow for a little more width.

Alex's Nano Reef

Don't tell my Landlord
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Forgot to update this thread. Below is a quick annual recap, as my tank is now 3 years old.

tank: Nuvo 20
Wavemakers: mp10 and Nero 3
Lights: Radion G5 Xr15 Pro w/reef bright k15
Controller: hydros
Salt: Tropic Marine Pro
Dose: all for reef

First week:
C5BC4FB5-FA9D-422A-AB83-29D499428248.jpeg

After 1 year:
4EEEA106-5D40-4ECE-B36E-538ABE920F1A.jpeg

After year 2:
FAD105C3-1213-43F5-9C08-10340E13783F.jpeg

After year 3:
8A5D3845-E21A-48E2-822A-6FB6EA3A2A45.jpeg

Biggest issues/troubles:
Space! I have no idea how quickly some things would grow. My Acan Echinata grew very well and now resides in my office 10g, along with a Micromussa Lordhowensis that started off as 1 polyp and grew into a nice matt.
I also didn’t know that I’d be able to grow sps, which is fun, it adds a little bit extra onto things; especially when the anemone’s grow and I have up to 7 at a time
Overall, I didn’t think this would be a problem at first since I was I was initially only going yo keep Zoas and maybe 1 LPS; oh how times have changed.
What are you running your Mp10 at?

Angel_V_the_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Struggles I’ve ran into.

Byprosis - fixed with Reef Flux HD

Dino’s - fixed with raising nutrients and adding the UV

Nutrients bottoming out - fixed by reducing filtration and dosing NeoPhos and/or NeoNitrate

I also do have red planaria flatworms. I was hoping my PSW would eat them, but she likes to avoid them. They don’t cause any issues with the corals, just an eyesore on the sandbed.

my current filtration (as of 8.13.20):
  • Filter pads ontop of each media basket.
  • Eshopps Bio-Lux - each media basket has 3/4 of a brick and there is a full brick in the AIO sump.
  • Skimmer/UV
  • 1 single packet of Chemi-Pure Blue Nano
  • Usually water change once a week
I’m currently feeding Reef Frenzy, with Selcon or TDO pellets. And use benepellets/reef chili in conjunction with RedSea AB+.

Currently reading Almost undetectable Phos and Nitrate using Salfiet kits. No algae is currently in the tank; for now!
I’ve had very similar struggles with bryopsis and Dino’s as well!
I utilized the same approach to fix my Dino’s , however I did lose my battle with bryopsis, which suffocated my corals to death.

I am now holding my remaining corals and clowns in a 10 gallon and have now set up QT for coral to prevent any build up in the future.

i did utilize reeflux and it seemed to not do much but did stress my corals. I’m glad you found success !

STEEZY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very helpful and informative! My setup is very similar but not as mature. What settings/intensity do you run your Radion at?

thanks!

OP
OP
kev.2013

kev.2013

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very helpful and informative! My setup is very similar but not as mature. What settings/intensity do you run your Radion at?

thanks!
2635660A-6FFC-4A20-9C60-FB1165719C9D.jpeg

Overall the light is ran at 60% using the above channel intensities.

OP
OP
kev.2013

kev.2013

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had very similar struggles with bryopsis and Dino’s as well!
I utilized the same approach to fix my Dino’s , however I did lose my battle with bryopsis, which suffocated my corals to death.

I am now holding my remaining corals and clowns in a 10 gallon and have now set up QT for coral to prevent any build up in the future.

i did utilize reeflux and it seemed to not do much but did stress my corals. I’m glad you found success !
I’ve used ReefFlux twice now with success each time. I think the key is to ensure your nutrients don’t jump too high when dosing. Since byprosis, iirc, holds phosphates

STEEZY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2635660A-6FFC-4A20-9C60-FB1165719C9D.jpeg

Overall the light is ran at 60% using the above channel intensities.
Dang! I have a Radion G4 but my UI looks quite a bit different for it. And I’m only at 31%! Holy smokes, I wonder if my corals are wanting more intensity. Really need to rent a par meter I suppose.

OP
OP
kev.2013

kev.2013

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang! I have a Radion G4 but my UI looks quite a bit different for it. And I’m only at 31%! Holy smokes, I wonder if my corals are wanting more intensity. Really need to rent a par meter I suppose.
That’s a free shot from the mobius app. They have a small widget feature which looks like this

I do have the diffuser on my light too, which reduces the overall intensity that the corals actually receive.

STEEZY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s a free shot from the mobius app. They have a small widget feature which looks like this

I do have the diffuser on my light too, which reduces the overall intensity that the corals actually receive.
Wow I feel silly, I didn’t know about those widgets, I like them!

i have the diffuser as well, thing is unbearable without it in my opinion. I have been thinking about a 3D printed shade as well.

OP
OP
kev.2013

kev.2013

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow I feel silly, I didn’t know about those widgets, I like them!

i have the diffuser as well, thing is unbearable without it in my opinion. I have been thinking about a 3D printed shade as well.
The widgets are fairly new. But I’m fan.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 76 35.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 58 27.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 66 30.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.7%
Back