KH director issues: pressure in reagent line

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

dorz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I bought a KHD and Stand alone doser several months back but only today have have i tried setting them up due to a lack of time. However having followed the setup instructions today I've manged to set it all up and calibrated the pumps. The issue I'm having is when I try to take a reading through the control center it just feeds back with an error stating tritation was taking too long and everything gets dumped out the waste.

I have a hunch that the reagent isn't making it into the KHD. The line for the reagent is under a lot of pressure I've noticed such that if I don't use a zip tie it will push off very suddenly. I've noticed in videos people don't have zip ties on this or any line so the lines aren't under any considerable pressure such that I'm experiencing.

Even with the zip tie it starts to leak from the connection leading out of the dosing pump. I'm suspecting that a valve in the KHD (if at all they exist) isn't opening, could this be the case? I'm at a loss as to how to proceed. There is no air in the line either, I've made sure to vent it first.

I've also noticed that on my doser the head feeding the reagent makes almost a popping noise when it first starts and after it finishes....I've had awful issues trying to calibrate this head. All the others were easy, could this be related somehow?

Last edited:

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I bought a KHD and Stand alone doser several months back but only today have have i tried setting them up due to a lack of time. However having followed the setup instructions today I've manged to set it all up and calibrated the pumps. The issue I'm having is when I try to take a reading through the control center it just feeds back with an error stating tritation was taking too long and everything gets dumped out the waste.

I have a hunch that the reagent isn't making it into the KHD. The line for the reagent is under a lot of pressure I've noticed such that if I don't use a zip tie it will push off. Even with the zip tie it starts to leak from the connection leading out of the dosing pump. Im suspecting that a valve in the KHD (if at all they exist) isn't opening.

I've also noticed that on my doser the head feeding the reagent makes almost a popping noise when it first starts and after it finishes....I've had awful issues trying to calibrate this head. All the others were easy, could this be related somehow?

The popping isn’t the Doser, but the pinch valve inside the KHD opening - this is normal.
We have found that on a small number of units, if stored for a while, the reagent line may remain pinched even when the valve opens.

If you can open the KHD, slide the hose out of the white pinch valve and inspect. If it remains pinched, then this is the issue. A simple pinch from the side should release this.
Send me a PM with your name and findings and we’ll chat?

-marco

OP
OP
D

dorz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks so much, this solved the issue, I'm getting a reading now :)

nborg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The popping isn’t the Doser, but the pinch valve inside the KHD opening - this is normal.
We have found that on a small number of units, if stored for a while, the reagent line may remain pinched even when the valve opens.

If you can open the KHD, slide the hose out of the white pinch valve and inspect. If it remains pinched, then this is the issue. A simple pinch from the side should release this.
Send me a PM with your name and findings and we’ll chat?

-marco
hi, not sure if i am doing the right thing, pardon me if not but it seems i have the same issue with my khd reagent tube getting pushed off looking like there is a lot of pressure? and i can't open the unit as it has got a seal on it saying i will void the warranty. any other possible causes please? thanks

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 26 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back