KH Director

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

dragon99

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope :(

They sent an email this week that the shipment from Germany was delayed. Probably going to be after Christmas before we get them.

porter_painter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s disappointing...and despite ordering one of them in advance they haven’t contacted me to advise this.

It’s like the P4 all over again :(

porter_painter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And, I don’t know if it’s just for UK GHL customers, but my ‘discounted’ pre-order directly from GHL has actually cost me more than if I were to have ordered it from a UK aquatics shop :mad:

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel the same these delays are becoming a consistent feature with ghl, why on earth would you push the launch and promise early December delivery with the Maxi doser, if you were behind with the pre orders for the director...I have pre orders in for both and to top it off I’ve recently ordered 2 more flow meters and a few bits and bobs directly from them and there late as well!!! I think ghl need to look at there internal scalability or stop making undeliverable promises as it leads to bad feelings towards what is undoubtably an excellent brand.

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow - i hadn't that about the water in the line. I had thought about the fact that over time I may be lowering my salinity slightly. I may be able to offset this with my AWC system but I think it will take some time (and math) to get this all worked out. I'm planning on having my doser and KHD about 4 feet from the sump so there will be some amount of water in the line that will need to be flushed out.
If your using balling or 2 part as I am this could be an asset..

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The doser will pump water from at least 10 feet as I have my ATO container out in my garage. My concern with a long run for the KH director would be you would be testing water that had been sitting in the dosing line. An the KH could have dropped while the water sat in the line on a long run. You would have to have a purge of the line for so many minutes to get fresh water into the sample container.
Will the KH drop in 6-12 hours? A day? I have no idea, does anyone have insight into this, as the lines are sealed, what could cause a drop?

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will the KH drop in 6-12 hours? A day? I have no idea, does anyone have insight into this, as the lines are sealed, what could cause a drop?

Thinking more so a change in alk in the tank. If we only measure 2x a day and the reading is coming from leftover sample in the lines, the alk of the tank could have dropped, or risen.

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking more so a change in alk in the tank. If we only measure 2x a day and the reading is coming from leftover sample in the lines, the alk of the tank could have dropped, or risen.
Got you sorry I misunderstood what you were saying. Good point depending on the volume of the pipes we could be reading levels with a day or 2 delay, which probably wouldn’t make much difference if the changes were small as should be the case, but would make alerting for a serious situation like a stuck dosing pump a real problem.

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got you sorry I misunderstood what you were saying. Good point depending on the volume of the pipes we could be reading levels with a day or 2 delay, which probably wouldn’t make much difference if the changes were small as should be the case, but would make alerting for a serious situation like a stuck dosing pump a real problem.

Yeah I'm just not sure on how much volume these 1/4" hoses hold, say per foot? The sample taken is 100ml, which isn't huge, but also isn't small. I ordered a kh director, just wondering what ghl recommends as the maximum distance to get an accurate result? They would probably recommend the closer, the better?

Also I would think there is the ability to purge the water sample line before a test, but haven't gotten confirmation on that? This brings up the point of replacing the sample water with saltwater instead of letting the ato replace with rodi. Over a 2 week period at 4 tests per day, we are talking close to 1.5 gallons. Don't want that to be all fresh water for very long! Then if we have to purge the system, that's even more saltwater to replace. For all that have a spare doser head, or an awc system it should be no problem, I'm just trying to think of the best way to go about it. For me personally, I'm thinking of the maxi doser for awc and whenever my kh director takes a sample have the maxi pump in however many ml needed.

choss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And, I don’t know if it’s just for UK GHL customers, but my ‘discounted’ pre-order directly from GHL has actually cost me more than if I were to have ordered it from a UK aquatics shop :mad:

Yeah I got mine a lot cheaper ordering from a vendor - just don't recall which one.

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The wait is due to shipping issues not manufacturing of the product. With the holidays this is normal. They are shipping these on pallets not one by one from Germany. They go to their Florida warehouse then out to their eager awaiting customers [emoji3] Just gives me time to move my other dosers out from under my tank and into the garage. So I have the room to set the different containers in my little stand. [emoji3]

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The wait is due to shipping issues not manufacturing of the product. With the holidays this is normal. They are shipping these on pallets not one by one from Germany. They go to their Florida warehouse then out to their eager awaiting customers [emoji3] Just gives me time to move my other dosers out from under my tank and into the garage. So I have the room to set the different containers in my little stand. [emoji3]
Are you sure, I’m in Europe and getting the same delays... I just wish they wouldn’t make delivery promises they cannot keep, whether it be Xmas, manufacturing or whatever, there 3 for 3 with delays in major product delivery promises... better to under promise and over delivery in business every time.....

dragon99

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you sure, I’m in Europe and getting the same delays... I just wish they wouldn’t make delivery promises they cannot keep, whether it be Xmas, manufacturing or whatever, there 3 for 3 with delays in major product delivery promises... better to under promise and over delivery in business every time.....

The email from GHL USA indicated production and shipping delays. Which would explain why folks in the UK haven't seen them yet either:
We have received word from GHL Germany that there has been a delay in shipping due a combination of production delay and increased shipping volume coming towards the USA.

porter_painter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m more bothered that yet again GHL have dropped the ball on Customer Service and not communicated the problem/delay, than the actual delay itself.

I think GHL Germany can learn a thing or two from their US team - better communication, better website, better prices!

CoralCache

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty nice website with pretty decent pics can be found here.
https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/usa/product/kh-director-white/

I do believe order volume is a lot higher than anticipated on these pre orders.
Manufacturing is only a best guess. Should be no problem making dates but everybody is making electronics these days which makes you rely on other manufacturers for parts. I would think those suppliers no matter how good they are can cause a ton of issues. They are also only 5 days behind at the moment. I really want my kh director but after seeing how almost all manufacturers are these days I plan to just cut them a little slack. I stopped holding shipping promises down when I was number 1 on the pre order list for a stereo pre amp for right around 7 years. Lol I finally got it. :)

porter_painter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty nice website with pretty decent pics can be found here.
https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/usa/product/kh-director-white/

I do believe order volume is a lot higher than anticipated on these pre orders.
Manufacturing is only a best guess. Should be no problem making dates but everybody is making electronics these days which makes you rely on other manufacturers for parts. I would think those suppliers no matter how good they are can cause a ton of issues. They are also only 5 days behind at the moment. I really want my kh director but after seeing how almost all manufacturers are these days I plan to just cut them a little slack. I stopped holding shipping promises down when I was number 1 on the pre order list for a stereo pre amp for right around 7 years. Lol I finally got it. :)

Irrespective of demand or delays caused by other suppliers, GHL made a statement that it would start shipping on a certain date. Presumably that date also built in some contingency time for delays, etc.

If GHL couldn't fore-fill it's promise to meet a timeframe, then it would not have taken them long to write a short email to all customers to let them know the state of play.

I'm a long time support of GHL. However, on this topic I would be willing to cut them a lot more slack if they were better at communicating, not just leaving people guessing as to what's happened to their orders.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 38 32.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back