KH Director

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

CoralCache

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Patience grasshopper. Lol

Just teasing. I understand I want what I want and I want it now but I am sure they are doing the best they can.

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do find it strange how people expect us to be really patient and understanding with marine equipment manufacturers, if it was new tv or car, you would be kicking off royally.. I really don’t understand this mad, brand loyalty people show on these forums.. there late in delivering by some margin and have done it for the last 3 product launches...

porter_painter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be fair, it's only one person... and I don't think they grasp the fact that it's the poor customer service/commuincation and not the delay itself that is the issue being raised.

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do find it strange how people expect us to be really patient and understanding with marine equipment manufacturers, if it was new tv or car, you would be kicking off royally.. I really don’t understand this mad, brand loyalty people show on these forums.. there late in delivering by some margin and have done it for the last 3 product launches...

Can't really compare aquarium equipment manufacturers to electronics and automotive ones. The companies in this hobby are very small in comparison, and have way less money. No excuse for bad communication, but at the end of the day I believe many of the delays we experience in this hobby from manufacturers are financially related, (directly or indirectly).

In no way am I talking about any one manufacterer, they all in large part have some of these same issues. It's a fine line of getting people excited about upcoming products and not promising too much, too soon! Also a fine line in making the customers really happy and going out of buisness!

For me personally a short delay in this case, with good communication, is acceptable. I have been involved with other products in this industry, in which the delays and broken promises go on for extended amounts of time and that is what drives me nuts!

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please understand that none of us are excited about the delays, and we really wish it wasn't the case. However some things are out of our hands, with external factors. We have learned a lot from these delays, and will continue to learn, and adjust.

We fully understand that most were looking forward to having this sit under the tree for this years holiday, and even getting it installed and play with during the holiday time off work. We a re terribly sorry that this did not work out, but please rest assured that we looking forward to having the products to you as quickly as possible, given the external factors. It seems shipping volume is at all time records with the shift from Brick and Mortar to E-tail/Online shopping.

CoralCache

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just have reasonable expectations with the way the world unfortunately is these days. I don't have to like it to understand it.
I don't really see what a brand or product type has to do with anything. You must have missed my post about the stereo.

Tristren

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just have reasonable expectations with the way the world unfortunately is these days. I don't have to like it to understand it.
I don't really see what a brand or product type has to do with anything. You must have missed my post about the stereo.

The complaints that I've seen have not been about the delay itself, but what they feel is a lack of communication. Those are two different things. Reasonable delays in manufacturing or shipping are understandable, but that should be addressed by prompt and clear communication with customers.

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having given GHL some recent grief over there delivery scheduling, I’m really happy to say I’ve had a email saying my Maxi doser and flow meters re out for delivery, I will have something to play with over Christmas and set up my first automatic water changer... easily pleased nowadays lol

bkelley02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While not happy with the delay, I did get an emails stating there would be a delay and they would keep me updated. I can understand things can come up.

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder if it would be possible to take measurements from 2 different systems with one kh director, utilizing another doser head and some sort of y fitting? I was thinking the sample lines could have check valves in them just before the y fitting to keep water flowing one way into the kh director. Maybe it's not at all possible, maybe it would be potential disaster, but was thinking that would be awesome! Really the only thing that would change physically is the input line would have 2 inputs, each controlled by an individual doser head. Not sure about the programming and software side of things?

Has GHL ever discussed this? Anyone else have any thoughts, or obvious reasons why it wouldn't be possible period? Kinda hard to even picture it with none of us having the kh director yet, just daydreaming a bit.

ReefingwithO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It seems shipping volume is at all time records with the shift from Brick and Mortar to E-tail/Online shopping.

Not really related to GHL but regular brick and mortar stores still need to actually ship their goods to stores.

Bought a GHL Doser, loved it, was definitely interested in the KH director, not happy with the delays, is making me rethink my decision with other manufacturers getting closer with similar products - if this was in my hands closer to the moment I made the decision I would be a locked-in customer.

I know shipping, production ect might be out of your hands but your very close to losing a customer

Tristren

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not really related to GHL but regular brick and mortar stores still need to actually ship their goods to stores.

Business to Business networks and Business to Consumer networks are largely separate. In North America the growth in e-commerce has been staggering (from a logistics perspective) and there simply are some significant delays, particularly with international shipments. A big part of it is the size of the increase in volume around the holidays. It is hard to scale up enough, and unaffordable to maintain that level of capacity for the other 10 months of the year.

Regards, Tony

Last edited:

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From the GHL Facebook group posting.

KH Director shipments have started.

We finally made it.,since yesterday the first batches are on their way to our customers.

Here are some pictures of production and shipping preparations

5dccc9686e8090ae50e14000bbe30bd0.jpg

c76bca767c51fa47d9b58e930c89380f.jpg

f5ddd7b12812ea1d73242d314604d25c.jpg

014fde25a5532c26931d737e1835d808.jpg

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do we know if they shipped to USA yet? I think the email stated: "Their carrier has had significant delays and has notified GHL Headquarters that our shipment would leave the facility no later than December 22, 2017" so I am thinking they are now on the way here based on the picture above. Whooohoo (hope the maxi are in the shipment also)

Last edited:

CoralCache

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please do not quote me but it sounded like the US distributor started to ship. I think they said they have so many orders they may need several weeks to fill them all.
I am off Tuesday. Maybe I should see if they need any help.

bhuyett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I will never understand people that expect something yesterday. It is an electronic item from a small company in Germany. If you ordered one, then you should know they have sufficiently communicated the delays.
The KH Director was to ship on the 11th of December. On the 16th, GHL sent communication out to those that preordered saying they were delayed and why. Then to appease those that need their things "Yesterday" withing 7-10 days later they followed up with another email providing a status update.

What more do you people expect from a company?? I have to scratch my head and question the behavior of some that say this company hasn't communicated and have poor Customer Service. Shoot, if you were any sort of customer you would have even looked on FACEBOOK, to understand the updates that another person posted in this thread.

For crying out loud, I would love to have my stuff when I snap my fingers too. But they aren't AMAZON.com where you PRIME members get your orders within 24hrs. Just chill out. You will get your order when you get it. Those prospective customers, if you are interested in the KH Director then wait! Otherwise move on and you will regret your purchase down the road more than likely... But that will be your mistake not GHL, because you made the decision to purchase something else.

Okay, stepping off my soapbox.

porter_painter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I will never understand people that expect something yesterday. It is an electronic item from a small company in Germany. If you ordered one, then you should know they have sufficiently communicated the delays.
The KH Director was to ship on the 11th of December. On the 16th, GHL sent communication out to those that preordered saying they were delayed and why. Then to appease those that need their things "Yesterday" withing 7-10 days later they followed up with another email providing a status update.

What more do you people expect from a company?? I have to scratch my head and question the behavior of some that say this company hasn't communicated and have poor Customer Service. Shoot, if you were any sort of customer you would have even looked on FACEBOOK, to understand the updates that another person posted in this thread.

For crying out loud, I would love to have my stuff when I snap my fingers too. But they aren't AMAZON.com where you PRIME members get your orders within 24hrs. Just chill out. You will get your order when you get it. Those prospective customers, if you are interested in the KH Director then wait! Otherwise move on and you will regret your purchase down the road more than likely... But that will be your mistake not GHL, because you made the decision to purchase something else.

Okay, stepping off my soapbox.

GHL USA may have sent out some comms, but myself (and many others) have had zero comms from GHL having ordered directly from GHL Germany as we were asked to do when the product was launched.

As has been said several times, it’s not about the delay, it’s the lack of communication from GHL (Germany) that has bothered people ;Facepalm Check the facts before climbing on the soapbox ;)

Even though these seemed to have started shipping now, I only know from having seen a post on this forum...another opportunity missed by GHL.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 25 29.1%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 25.6%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back