KH Director

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

choss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm also excited for mine to arrive. I was recently reading about a competing product and there was a reference made that the waste water could be safely added back to the system without any ill effects. I was thinking about this because there has been some discussion about how to handle the water in the tubing, if the Director is say a few feet away from the sump/tank. That will be the case for me and I'm concerned about the water removal from the system, and how I will need to balance this with my auto water change system and ATO. If the tested water is actually ok to send back into the system, then that would make it easier to flush out the tubing before testing (thereby ensuring fresh tank water is being tested) and allow for a mini closed loop that shouldn't affect ATO or AWC. Anyone have any insight into whether this is a good idea (or not) and even possible regarding flushing out the tubing prior to testing?

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm also excited for mine to arrive. I was recently reading about a competing product and there was a reference made that the waste water could be safely added back to the system without any ill effects. I was thinking about this because there has been some discussion about how to handle the water in the tubing, if the Director is say a few feet away from the sump/tank. That will be the case for me and I'm concerned about the water removal from the system, and how I will need to balance this with my auto water change system and ATO. If the tested water is actually ok to send back into the system, then that would make it easier to flush out the tubing before testing (thereby ensuring fresh tank water is being tested) and allow for a mini closed loop that shouldn't affect ATO or AWC. Anyone have any insight into whether this is a good idea (or not) and even possible regarding flushing out the tubing prior to testing?

I'm not sure about the testing reagent being safe to add back into the system? I do know, from reading the instruction manual we are able to run the dosing heads in reverse to clear the lines after/before each new test. This will get us a good actual sample for each test. I assume we will need to add back in saltwater for every sample we take, or at least every once in a while, in order to maintain salinity. I plan to do this with the maxi doser, but not sure the best solution for those not able to replace with a calibrated doser.

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure about the testing reagent being safe to add back into the system? I do know, from reading the instruction manual we are able to run the dosing heads in reverse to clear the lines after/before each new test. This will get us a good actual sample for each test. I assume we will need to add back in saltwater for every sample we take, or at least every once in a while, in order to maintain salinity. I plan to do this with the maxi doser, but not sure the best solution for those not able to replace with a calibrated doser.
For those who use balling or similar systems the extra salt water removed during measuring could actually be of benefit as it will contribute to the daily removal amount...

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those who use balling or similar systems the extra salt water removed during measuring could actually be of benefit as it will contribute to the daily removal amount...

Never thought about that! Very good point!

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GHL Usa website shows this:
KH Director shipping soon!
The first batch of KH Directors will begin shipping week 3 of January.

ZaneTer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes some of the reefers over here have received their Director. I have not but I was late in ordering. This will be cutting it very fine to get it setup before I leave again for another 3 months. I hope you remembered to order reagent also.

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had fun this morning with a broken Allen Bradley Panel view.:) Trill a minute.:)
Well I was one of the first to get an order in for the KH Director I know that.:)

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes some of the reefers over here have received their Director. I have not but I was late in ordering. This will be cutting it very fine to get it setup before I leave again for another 3 months. I hope you remembered to order reagent also.

Welcome to R2R! If you order the entire kh director package, ie with doser and kh director, I think it comes with a 500ml reagent. But yeah, I'm hoping some other stores keep the reagent in stock.

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Soon... soon... stay tuned, they are almost here (US warehouse)

Do you think we could bug the folks at the US CBP for a picture or unboxing video to hold everyone over? :p

Dumaurier7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I m a bit jealous now as deliveries in the US are actually starting. I was not able to make it for the preorder special so I decided to wait. Right now I am patiently waiting (some more)for all those (pre-orders)to be filled then I’ll go ahead and order mine, you guys will also be able to deal with any issues, bug fixes etc. beforehand.

ZaneTer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@reefwiser
I’m currently working on an S7 installation in Kunming,China. I’m just hoping mine gets to my house in the U.K. during my 2 weeks at home.

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't Travel just keep the PLC 's and assorted equipment running in two plants.:) I can see where the KH director would be handy for a reefer that had to travel for a living,:)

CoralCache

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are these chiller plants or manufacturing plants?

I don't Travel just keep the PLC 's and assorted equipment running in two plants.:) I can see where the KH director would be handy for a reefer that had to travel for a living,:)

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I work at ConAgra Foods, Inc. in Louisville if you eat pan cakes or biscuits in a restaurant you most likely are eating something made at
My plant. [emoji3]

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back