KH Director

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's my plan, to use the maxi doser to replace. You're gonna be a week or so (at least) ahead of me, so will be following along to see how it goes. I may (will) need help when it comes to setting it all up!

How much awc are you doing per day with the maxi? Has that been going smooth?
I’ve had a few issues with overheat cutout that Matthias is trying to resolve, but by changing to smaller doses and using 48 doses in and out with 15mins between them all’s working great, I’m currently doing 33L a day but will reduce that soon when I sort out a few issues I’ve had with a rusty MP40 magnet. One real benefit for me is that it primes and pumps 60 feet from my garage, this was why I bought it and couldn’t be happier as it makes my life so much easier. One downside is it’s far noisier than the 2.1 dosers..

Dumaurier7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's my plan, to use the maxi doser to replace. You're gonna be a week or so (at least) ahead of me, so will be following along to see how it goes. I may (will) need help when it comes to setting it all up!

How much awc are you doing per day with the maxi? Has that been going smooth?

I have never done a water change in 1+ years !

Dumaurier7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure what you mean by expiration? A use by date? If that’s what you meant I cannot see one

Yes , cam the reagent be stored in a container at room temperature indefinitely? I plan to start with about 2500cc and keep refilling ever so often.

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes , cam the reagent be stored in a container at room temperature indefinitely? I plan to start with about 2500cc and keep refilling ever so often.
Not sure but reading the manual if you do 4 tests per day then 500ml of reagent should last 6 weeks, so not sure why you would want such a large reagent container it will last you several months.. but we all do things diferently.

scuzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking at doing two test a day but if it's really doing 200ml a test that's a bit of water bring drawn out and need to add salt back to my system. I got a 5 gallon Davey Jones locker set for this and my skimate storage. When the float reached full it'll power of the kh director and doser pumps.

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve just checked the waste water container and now things have settled down I’m guessing it’s a little less than 100ml per test, which is a lot closer to the sample setting of 80ml I programmed in. I think my first report of 200ml was affected by priming and flushing etc.. apologies to all, but still learning and getting a feel for this thing, it is also producing consistent results of 6.8 7 as I increase dosing.. but so far this KHdirector is awesome

scuzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve just checked the waste water container and now things have settled down I’m guessing it’s a little less than 100ml per test, which is a lot closer to the sample setting of 80ml I programmed in. I think my first report of 200ml was affected by priming and flushing etc.. apologies to all, but still learning and getting a feel for this thing, it is also producing consistent results of 6.8 7 as I increase dosing.. but so far this KHdirector is awesome

That's awesome.

EmdeReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

How consistent are test results so far?

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick Question:

I understand after reading the manual they want the KHD, to be as close to the Doser and the Regent to used for the test. Does the sample tube volume matter how far away it is? I am asking this because mine is going to be a good 4 feet away? I assume since I have the ability to enter that information it just means that I am going to use more water during the test but wanted to know is this an issue?

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ran into an issue this morning, Alk readings were 5.2 and 5.4.. so reread the manual and I ssuspect air bubbles had got into the reagent line, and realised I had my doser above the unit. So moved the doser, replumbed, purged etc and after a few tests looking like readings are back where they should be...so hopefully this was it... My learnings from this follow the instructions properly and be very alert for air bubbles in the reagent line..
image.jpg

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick Question:

I understand after reading the manual they want the KHD, to be as close to the Doser and the Regent to used for the test. Does the sample tube volume matter how far away it is? I am asking this because mine is going to be a good 4 feet away? I assume since I have the ability to enter that information it just means that I am going to use more water during the test but wanted to know is this an issue?
Mine is 180cm away, however the length doesn’t matter, it calculates the volume of water in the tube and then reverses the pump to empty the line after each test so the tube length won’t affect the volume of water used.

ZaneTer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, me neither but I can’t complain it’s still a few days until I fly back to the U.K.

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it will take everyone a few weeks to get them lined out on their own systems. As everyone has a little different set up and of coarse the time to set the unit up will be a factor.:)

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry guys for not updating, it’s taken me a few more days to get it dialled in, but all now seems to be working fine, one observation is that it’s so important to eliminate any air bubbles in the reagent line, as they really mess readings up. Also if you run the flush and reagent prime programs it will take a couple of measuring cycles to restabilise. I’m still going to be running on measure only for a few weeks more yet just to make sure it’s reading consistently. As you can see from the graph below how much air bubble screw the readings up. There are more tips and software updates discussed on the ghl forum itself.
0672E2AB-04A3-4DAB-B185-82ADF75A8A07.png

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 19.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back