KH Director

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ZaneTer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you Mortie and Reefwiser.
It’s good seeing the updates. Mortie have you tried letting it perform the dosing on its own yet? I’m in a bit of a dilemma. I’m only home for 12 days then away for 3 months so I have to get the unit setup and stable and dosing on its own in that time.
:) I am relying on you guys as my guinea pigs.

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you Mortie and Reefwiser.
It’s good seeing the updates. Mortie have you tried letting it perform the dosing on its own yet? I’m in a bit of a dilemma. I’m only home for 12 days then away for 3 months so I have to get the unit setup and stable and dosing on its own in that time.
:) I am relying on you guys as my guinea pigs.
No sorry not yet, until I work out a way of not getting any bubbles interfering with measurements I won’t let it adjust dosing, I’m getting little bubbles in the reagent line every few days at the moment, and not sure what to do tbh.

ZaneTer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dang, that’s not quite what I was hoping to hear. Are these bubbles coming from where the airline meets a connector? What do you think is the problem? Is it a gravitational issue....would it be better to have the director below your reagent supply?

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dang, that’s not quite what I was hoping to hear. Are these bubbles coming from where the airline meets a connector? What do you think is the problem? Is it a gravitational issue....would it be better to have the director below your reagent supply?
I’m not sure, they appear to be coming from out of the bottle, and not the connectors

ZaneTer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does it look like the reagent could be reacting in some way and producing the bubbles?

scuzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t know, it’s only a few bubbles every few day, which messes up a couple of measurements. I’m just keeping an eye on things nd seeing what happens

How is the tube inside the reagent bottle?

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Results are much more stable over the last 4 days, since I changed reagent and drilled a breather hole. I’m still seeing bubbles in the reagent line but I’m ignoring them and seeing what happens..
509442CD-91D2-46DA-A1F6-63E55B3897D8.png

Dive Dive

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My KHD/2.1 SA Doser comes next week. I am currently using a slave 2.1 connected to my Profilux 4 dosing the triton method. My question is: What is the best setup configuration? The manual covers triton method but want to make my setup can support it. Options:
1. Hook up slave 2.1 to KHD/2.1 SA Doser and not integrate with profilux 4
2. Hook up slave 2.1 and KHD/2.1 SA Doser to profilux 4 via PAB
3. Keep current setup and KHD/2.1 SA Doser as a separate setup
Appreciate any recommendations. Thanks!

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you would like your calcium and mag to be adjusted also I would hook the KHD and slave to your SA Doser so you could assign your cal and Mag pumps to follow your alk dosing

ZaneTer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Silly question. My director and Profilux 4 have arrived but I cannot see any data on myghl charts and yes I have the sensors set to record. Am I missing something?
My readings are dead stable fwiw. I don’t have bubbles forming in the reagent line.

Dive Dive

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just connected by KHD yesterday. Except for the first reading, they have been consistently reading 6.5-6.6 (four times) but my alk on hanna checker is 7.8. Should there be a big difference b/w hanna checker and the KHD?

EmdeReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just connected by KHD yesterday. Except for the first reading, they have been consistently reading 6.5-6.6 (four times) but my alk on hanna checker is 7.8. Should there be a big difference b/w hanna checker and the KHD?

Hanna checkers tend to be consistent but not necessarily accurate. Just because you just got KHD if you plan to make adjustments I’d first test with a Salifert KH kit.

ZaneTer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It seems to be a common issue that the hanna checkers read higher than the directors. So far I am very happy with my unit. It’s compensating the dosing quite happily.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 116 87.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back