KH Director

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

dragon99

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just one time or if you ever drain the unit .... also remember the unit must measure at least once every 3 days in order to keep the PH probe wet or it will drift off. And it is to my understanding that if you are using it with just a stand alone unit and not a P4 and only having it monitor like I am at the moment, your wasting reagent if you are measuring more than once a day. At the moment until firmware updates it is not keeping a log. So if your only monitoring measurement readings you are only able to see the last one taken and you will not have access to prior daily readings. Just set it to measure once a day and if you want twice then do the second one manually after you read the prior one for the day.....
Well that's terribly discouraging news. Not much good as a Alk monitor if it can only record it once a day....

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’re not wasting it if you’re using the KHD to control and keep your kH stable ;)

If you’re just monitoring, I suppose you could consider it being wasted, in future firmware this will be addressed, this is only an issue for a Doser/KHD combo, if you’re using a ProfiLux, this is not an issue.

ZaneTer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry guys but I am going to step in here and say that my KH Director is happily recording my KH values @ 4 times per day. I have a happy little trend of the last 12 days roughly. For whatever reason it took 2 days before i could see the trend in myghl but it as worked perfectly ever since. I am very curious to know what the bubbles are in the reagent line but i have managed to get past this by keeping the line extremely short, only very tiny bubbles are generated before they go through the director. The blip on my trend is me tinkering.

kh director.jpg

ZaneTer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@dragon99 I cannot complain about the unit. It works perfectly fine although there really should be more documentation for setup and control including pictures. Just make sure that the first thing you do is to update the firmware on all the equipment, nothing worked correctly for me until i did that, once that was done no more issues and to be honest i have no regrets buying the unit at all. I work away from home for 3 months at a time so for me this is a lifesaver.

dragon99

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’re not wasting it if you’re using the KHD to control and keep your kH stable ;)

If you’re just monitoring, I suppose you could consider it being wasted, in future firmware this will be addressed, this is only an issue for a Doser/KHD combo, if you’re using a ProfiLux, this is not an issue.
True, that's the primary reason for having it. But I like pretty graphs. Always better to be informed than just have to trust that a device is working.

ZaneTer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yes for what it is worth I actually have my unit altering the dosing.........I didnt have the luxury of spending time monitoring and playing with the system before going live. It has worked very well. I would have preferred a true PID loop for the dosing but GHLs method seems to work just fine.

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An update on my first month... as can be seen below my readings are relatively stable, the blips although frustrating are now explainable, some being caused by bubbles forming in the reagent which is well documented, I put a new bottle on a few days ago and there does seem to be less bubbles forming, I don’t know whether this is a change in manufacturing or less temp swings etc in storage and transport. A major own goal I was scoring was as my waste container filled it covered the end of my vent tube, which causes the major reading errors seen, again I think this is documented enough now so others keep them well above the maximum fill level. I have found a consistant discrepancy between KHD and Hanna phosphorus ULR readings, over the entire month and dozens of readings on both hanna and KHD and my KHD reads a consistent 0.6 DKH lower than the hanna, and I even changed hanna reagents to double check as there can be some variance in those and I saw exactly the same readings, my conundrum now is which is correct? I have now set my KHD with a +10% reading so that they are the same now. As long as there consistent I’m not that concerned but I am wondering if I’m running at 6.5 or the 7.1 I want? I am going to get some other test kits to verify readings, and go from there. My data has always been recorded, but I downloaded the latest software before installing.
8466D069-B6B4-41F3-97BA-2CCA1A84A58A.png

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An update on my first month... as can be seen below my readings are relatively stable, the blips although frustrating are now explainable, some being caused by bubbles forming in the reagent which is well documented, I put a new bottle on a few days ago and there does seem to be less bubbles forming, I don’t know whether this is a change in manufacturing or less temp swings etc in storage and transport. A major own goal I was scoring was as my waste container filled it covered the end of my vent tube, which causes the major reading errors seen, again I think this is documented enough now so others keep them well above the maximum fill level. I have found a consistant discrepancy between KHD and Hanna phosphorus ULR readings, over the entire month and dozens of readings on both hanna and KHD and my KHD reads a consistent 0.6 DKH lower than the hanna, and I even changed hanna reagents to double check as there can be some variance in those and I saw exactly the same readings, my conundrum now is which is correct? I have now set my KHD with a +10% reading so that they are the same now. As long as there consistent I’m not that concerned but I am wondering if I’m running at 6.5 or the 7.1 I want? I am going to get some other test kits to verify readings, and go from there. My data has always been recorded, but I downloaded the latest software before installing.
8466D069-B6B4-41F3-97BA-2CCA1A84A58A.png
Sorry should have of read Hanna Alkalinity test !!! Doh

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any update on when the pre-order units will be shipped out?
We should see more of them go out today/tomorrow, we received 1 pallet today, and another should be delivered by tomorrow. Depending on where your pre-order falls in line, I think the majority of pre-orders will be fulfilled with both of these shipments.

Are you in our Facebook group? We have been posting updates in there as well.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/GHLOwners/

Dumaurier7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We should see more of them go out today/tomorrow, we received 1 pallet today, and another should be delivered by tomorrow. Depending on where your pre-order falls in line, I think the majority of pre-orders will be fulfilled with both of these shipments.

Are you in our Facebook group? We have been posting updates in there as well.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/GHLOwners/

Patiently waiting for this to be completed .

Lemec

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So if order 2021 still shows no change of status how much longer am i going to have to wait? Sorry, I know we are told to be patient but it’s getting old.

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We're hoping for the pallet delivery early in the day, TODAY.
As long as the pallet arrives before 3PM, we're hoping to get the majority shipped out by Wednesday.
To our disappointment; the pallet was not picked up from Customs hold by the carrier until Friday mid day. I guess if the UK can't have KFC Chicken, we can't have KHD's.

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got my tracking number for the khd kit! Hope to see a lot more guys with these very soon!

Thanks Marco and Christina for working quickly to get them out as soon as you got delivery!

bkelley02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got my tracking number for the khd kit! Hope to see a lot more guys with these very soon!

Thanks Marco and Christina for working quickly to get them out as soon as you got delivery!
Hope to get my notice soon. What order # were you? Trying to see how close I am. [emoji16]

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope to get my notice soon. What order # were you? Trying to see how close I am. [emoji16]

I can check, I ordered the white slave doser khd combo a week or so before Thanksgiving. Problem is there's several different combos. Black, white, slave, stand alone. I will check though

Looks like order #2013. I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya, and everyone else! Hopefully the 2 pallets that came in within the last week get everyone taken care of!

Last edited:

bkelley02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can check, I ordered the white slave doser khd combo a week or so before Thanksgiving. Problem is there's several different combos. Black, white, slave, stand alone. I will check though
I did the same accept in black. About the same time period so hoping to get my notice real soon too. Thanks.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 26 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back