KH Director

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Dive Dive

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Changed out my Hanna alk reagent and now it reads 6.7 matching my KHD. Old reagent had six months left to expire. Need to get a backup alk measurement.

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hana has had issues with their reagents. I have several different test kits brands for every test I do so I can double and triple check things. They all come in close then I am good. [emoji3]
So many factors in reagent being good or bad.

Dive Dive

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hana has had issues with their reagents. I have several different test kits brands for every test I do so I can double and triple check things. They all come in close then I am good. [emoji3]
So many factors in reagent being good or bad.
Thanks. Good to know. Can you tell me what other brands you are using for alk?

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use Red Sea, Salifert and Exact idip I use these right now. :) I like to use a bunch of different kits so If I have a club member that has the kit I can help them with the proper Technic in doing the test. So times it is something stupid causing the issue like a reagent or the way one does a test.

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am still working on sitting my setting up my KH director . I had to move two of my dosing pumps out from under my stand two my garage so I would have room.

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Changed out my Hanna alk reagent and now it reads 6.7 matching my KHD. Old reagent had six months left to expire. Need to get a backup alk measurement.

The regents I recently received from Premium Aquatics expire 07-2019, I'm guessing there is a 18-24 month valid period. I get nervous when it gets nears the bottom of the container, swap them out after I've used ~75-80%. It's nice to test with both the new regent + old that day you switch. Regents are only $8, so I'm in the habit of restocking often.

MyReefRobbedMe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does Anybody know why my tubes keep shooting off the KhD ? And the bubbles won’t go away ! GHL you need some English videos and better Directions. I’ve had my KHD for weeks and all I’ve managed to accomplish is wasting Reagents , watch air bubble races through tubes until the tubes shoot off

ZaneTer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Silly question but are you sure that the vent at the back is not blocked?

MyReefRobbedMe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Silly question but are you sure that the vent at the back is not blocked?
I’ll take a double look after work but I did run the tube out of the way just for that reason so it wouldn’t bend over and get blocked .i also understand you can not have the end of the vent tube into water which it is not .

MyReefRobbedMe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll take a double look after work but I did run the tube out of the way just for that reason so it wouldn’t bend over and get blocked .i also understand you can not have the end of the vent tube into water which it is not .

So I checked and it is not blocked , I been looking and searching for what my prob could be and it’s not showing anywhere . It won’t even get through one test before it starts to build up to much pressure and shoots off . This whole setup has been a nightmare. I’m about 1-2 days from tossing em back into the box sending them back .

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@MyReefRobbedMe

Send us an email so we can help you out:
[email protected]

Send us photos of how you have your KHD setup, how the tubes are connected and where they end. That will help us diagnose the issue.
We will also need specifics and photo of which tube is coming off.

Mrx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Myreefrobbedme I can fix your issue. Read below and you can pm me if you need to and I can walk you through it if you need .....

Last edited:

Mrx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Myreefrobbed me ....

1st

CALIBRATE all three pump heads...pump 1 saltwater from your tank ...pump 2 reagent into a cup and then dump back in so your not wasting it (different clean cup than saltwater) leaving the line from pump to reagent port full....pump 3 drain just use a cup of saltwater from your tank and and then back into a diff cup....

2nd

Go into GCC go to the KHD and go to that calculation screen under Maintenance and don't hit vent but push flush measurement cell and then when it's all done and it takes a few min ..... push empty measurement cell completely

3rd

Test Time......don't push vent just let it run the first test with the line full and even if you can see a small 1/16 air before that line goes into the reagent port just let it run one test....this will be like a Maintenance test. You may even get a message at the end of the test Error Titration Timed Out....second test should be on the money....

Last edited:

Mrx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vent is not clogged, it just won't take in that amount of air during the vent process. It's designed to only take out a bubble not a complete 5 -7in of air...prime the line with it unplugged from the reagent port out of that reagent pump head on the doser and then plug it back in full with no air and run your test. YOU MUST calibrate all three lines before running a test and leave the reagent line full from the bottle through the pump head all the way up to plugging it in full with reagent. I know your frustration, it's just a little oversight when reading the directions. I missed it the first time and just looked at the picture and thought well I have it hooked up perfectly and tried to run the test and bam it explodes everywhere on my laptop and in my face lol....

MyReefRobbedMe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Myreefrobbedme I can fix your issue. Read below and you can pm me if you need to and I can walk you through it if you need .....

Cool I thought I was losing my head . I had enough of the tinkering for tonight but first thing after work tomorrow I’ll jump on it and PM ya . I appreciate the help guys . And I did send an email Vinny . It is the Reagent tube shooting off the pump in the middle of testing

MyReefRobbedMe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vent is not clogged, it just won't take in that amount of air during the vent process. It's designed to only take out a bubble not a complete 5 -7in of air...prime the line with it unplugged from the reagent port out of that reagent pump head on the doser and then plug it back in full with no air and run your test. YOU MUST calibrate all three lines before running a test and leave the reagent line full from the bottle through the pump head all the way up to plugging it in full with reagent. I know your frustration, it's just a little oversight when reading the directions. I missed it the first time and just looked at the picture and thought well I have it hooked up perfectly and tried to run the test and bam it explodes everywhere on my laptop and in my face lol....

Extremely Frustrating indeed lol Reagent everywhere. I get what you are saying I’m gonna check it out I’m sure that’s probably it

MyReefRobbedMe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So after priming the air that seemed to have fixed that part of the problem .thanks Mrx and VINNY . That very was frustrating for me . Do you only have to do that once or everyday ?

Mrx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So after priming the air that seemed to have fixed that part of the problem .thanks Mrx and VINNY . That very was frustrating for me . Do you only have to do that once or everyday ?

Just one time or if you ever drain the unit .... also remember the unit must measure at least once every 3 days in order to keep the PH probe wet or it will drift off. And it is to my understanding that if you are using it with just a stand alone unit and not a P4 and only having it monitor like I am at the moment, your wasting reagent if you are measuring more than once a day. At the moment until firmware updates it is not keeping a log. So if your only monitoring measurement readings you are only able to see the last one taken and you will not have access to prior daily readings. Just set it to measure once a day and if you want twice then do the second one manually after you read the prior one for the day.....

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 34 30.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 40 35.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.5%
Back