KH Director

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

CNDReef

Formally Toomanyfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you setup graphing? I see the current measured output but I would like to see its trends. Also my first 24hr I’m off by about 1 dkh. Is this normal?
6B26242F-42A2-4ACA-8508-6400A34E3C0C.png
Click on record measurements and after you get a couple readings in click on charts

powdertang05

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The standalone dosers do not have the graphing capability. Yet. GHL said they were working on a firmware update to get this but haven't seen it. That's one of the things I'm really bummed about as well.

Are you serious? I just dropped 1800 on two of these and I can’t get simple graphing. Wow. I bet on the wrong horse.

jschultzbass

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you serious? I just dropped 1800 on two of these and I can’t get simple graphing. Wow. I bet on the wrong horse.
I hear what you're saying. They are far behind on this. You'd think a simple app could do it no matter if you have the doser or full controller. GHL overall is one of the best in business though.

powdertang05

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hear what you're saying. They are far behind on this. You'd think a simple app could do it no matter if you have the doser or full controller. GHL overall is one of the best in business though.

I went back and ghl said they were working on it and it was to be done in March of this year. It’s one of the reasons why I waited and bought two. I see the build quality but simple logging should not be an afterthought. How do I even know my levels over time unless I login every 6 hours.

CNDReef

Formally Toomanyfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know @Ditto has his parameters sent to his phone or email every few hours. Forget how it’s done

Oberst Hajj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

This is one of the things that is holding me back from giving GHL a try. I currently run the Apex setup and have been thinking about switching, but I wanted to just "test the waters" with a stand alone doser and the KHd to start with. But at $850, it is kind of hard to swallow without it even doing basic graphing. :(

powdertang05

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What should I expect for accuracy? The kh director has been testing every 4 hours for 48 hours. Testing is as follows. 8.7, 8.6, 8.7, 8.8, 8.9 and remains 8.9. Now I’ve tested with Hanna and salifert four times through the day right when the kh director completed. I ran these tests three times each to verify accuracy and averaged them. Btw they were not off by much on the multiple tests +/- .1 dkh. Hanna was 9.8 salifert was 9.7-6. Which one am I suppose to trust? Ghl support says they offer lab grade and Hanna and salifert are hobby grade which mean they can’t be trusted. I wouldn’t worry if it was .3 dkh but 1+dkh seems a lot. Any ideas?

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What should I expect for accuracy? The kh director has been testing every 4 hours for 48 hours. Testing is as follows. 8.7, 8.6, 8.7, 8.8, 8.9 and remains 8.9. Now I’ve tested with Hanna and salifert four times through the day right when the kh director completed. I ran these tests three times each to verify accuracy and averaged them. Btw they were not off by much on the multiple tests +/- .1 dkh. Hanna was 9.8 salifert was 9.7-6. Which one am I suppose to trust? Ghl support says they offer lab grade and Hanna and salifert are hobby grade which mean they can’t be trusted. I wouldn’t worry if it was .3 dkh but 1+dkh seems a lot. Any ideas?
You could buy the GHL reference solution, and check where you are... tbf I had this same concern for ages, but decided it was mad I’d spent a load of money on a device to test it for me and I was doubting it vs a hobby grade kit, so I threw all my other kits away and forgot about them.

powdertang05

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could buy the GHL reference solution, and check where you are... tbf I had this same concern for ages, but decided it was mad I’d spent a load of money on a device to test it for me and I was doubting it vs a hobby grade kit, so I threw all my other kits away and forgot about them.

Completely understand. If one was off I would agree but since two are consistently off by 1dkh this has me concerned. I did recalibrate the probe and got the same value of 8.9 after. I’ll put trust in the “lab” grade test.

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Completely understand. If one was off I would agree but since two are consistently off by 1dkh this has me concerned. I did recalibrate the probe and got the same value of 8.9 after. I’ll put trust in the “lab” grade test.
I had exactly the same situation with a Hanna and salifert... and countless others have reported the same findings, but assuming you have calibrated everything exactly (I use weight to calibrate) this is the diference between scientific and hobby grade, our judgement of a drop or a full spoon and our eyesight? but I let it go eventually after a few months of second guessing it. If your really concerned as I said before buy the reference solution and then you I’ll know.

powdertang05

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had exactly the same situation with a Hanna and salifert... and countless others have reported the same findings, but assuming you have calibrated everything exactly (I use weight to calibrate) this is the diference between scientific and hobby grade, our judgement of a drop or a full spoon and our eyesight? but I let it go eventually after a few months of second guessing it. If your really concerned as I said before buy the reference solution and then you I’ll know.

Thanks, I will report back my findings when it arrives.

dragon99

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Accuracy is affected by how well you calibrated. If you think the KHD is off, it wouldn't hurt to re-run calibration on the dosing heads and possibly the pH probe. Also, how closely did you measure the line that pulls that sample (Pump #1). That directly affects the measurement sample.

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
So does anyone know when graphing is coming? Do we have an roadmap for future releases?

dragon99

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So does anyone know when graphing is coming? Do we have an roadmap for future releases?
I'd love to know too. This is the only missing feature that keeps me from recommending the KHD to everyone. Right now I can't recommend the KHD to anyone that doesn't have Profilux...

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 125 88.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back