KH Guardian: Automatic Alkalinity Controller- My Experiences

Ken Lee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That will tell your KHG to always ask for the same IP address, rather than randomly being assigned an available one. No need to do anything on the mini router, but you will need to port forward on your main router to give you an externally accessible path via a dynamic dns. I know it's confusing, but it's set and forget :)
Cool, so my KHG IP address need to be within my mini router IP range right? like 1 to 199 range?
Now the tough part is the port forwarding, i seen a couple videos in youtube & try it. No success. I have a couple question here hope u can give some tips:-
1. for assign port, what port numbers i should fill in? (what port do u use?), i got no clue for this ....
2. i am using MacBook, so the IP address i should use? Is it same stated in the IP4 address like 192.168.1.108 which is the main router i connected (which available in my network preferences)?
3. any other thing do config beside the "forwarding" router function? Do i need to configure the DHCP too?

samparker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah, it's not easy...... I'll do my best to help though.

1. Get the IP address on your KHG assigned so that it remains consistent then take note of it and the port number.
2. If your mini router is working in client mode, leave it alone - won't need to do anything further with it
3. Log onto your main router (usually by going to 192.168.1.1) and look for a dynamic dns or port forwarding option (what model is your router, I may be able to help more if I know this)
4. Look what dynamic dns providers your router supports (hopefully one of the free ones) and go and create an account on their site
5. Come back to your router, put your dynamic dns account details in the appropriate section and make sure it connects (all this does is tell a website what your IP address is each time it changes, your public IP address will change frequently)
6. In the port forwarding section, make sure that you have the IP address and port that the KHG is using listed.
7. Then all you need to do is go to your newly created web address and insert the port number. Could be something like kenleereef.dyndns.com:8090 and you can access your KHG anywhere

Ken Lee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

1. Get the IP address on your KHG assigned so that it remains consistent then take note of it and the port number.
2. If your mini router is working in client mode, leave it alone - won't need to do anything further with it
3. Log onto your main router (usually by going to 192.168.1.1) and look for a dynamic dns or port forwarding option (what model is your router, I may be able to help more if I know this)
4. Look what dynamic dns providers your router supports (hopefully one of the free ones) and go and create an account on their site
5. Come back to your router, put your dynamic dns account details in the appropriate section and make sure it connects (all this does is tell a website what your IP address is each time it changes, your public IP address will change frequently)
6. In the port forwarding section, make sure that you have the IP address and port that the KHG is using listed.
7. Then all you need to do is go to your newly created web address and insert the port number. Could be something like kenleereef.dyndns.com:8090 and you can access your KHG anywhere
Wow, this is complicated. Thanks a lot for this tips.
BTW i am using TP-Link TL-WDR6500.
For item NO#4:I am not sure how to do this but i will try. Any site suggestion? If please explain a bit more in depth how create this?
For item No#6: the IP address needed is my main router IP or the dynamic dos account IP?
SO i am missing lots of the steps above...this is really need a IT person to do this, but i am not:(

samparker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm, can't find an emulator for the TL-WDR6500, but could find one for the TL-WDR3600 which I am going to hope is similar :)

Ok, so point number 4. If you log into your router, then select "Dynamic DNS" on the left hand side. This will give you a screen with some options. The first is to select your dynamic dns provider, from the emulator I can find you have the option of: comexe.cn, dyndns.org and no-ip.com. I know no-ip.com has a great free service, so I would go with them if it were me.

Point number 6. The IP address needed is the one that your KHG is using.

If it is still too much, perhaps see if there is an IT expert local that you can get to assist you?

Ken Lee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm, can't find an emulator for the TL-WDR6500, but could find one for the TL-WDR3600 which I am going to hope is similar :)

Ok, so point number 4. If you log into your router, then select "Dynamic DNS" on the left hand side. This will give you a screen with some options. The first is to select your dynamic dns provider, from the emulator I can find you have the option of: comexe.cn, dyndns.org and no-ip.com. I know no-ip.com has a great free service, so I would go with them if it were me.

Point number 6. The IP address needed is the one that your KHG is using.

If it is still too much, perhaps see if there is an IT expert local that you can get to assist you?
Anyway thanks lot for all these, let me digest this & try to get local help.

samparker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no problem. Go through each step one by one and let me know where you are stuck. Screenshots can help too

Ken Lee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hi Sam,

I had successfully register free dynamic account at No-IP site.
my hostname: xxx.hopto.org (so my web address will be xxx.hopto.org:8090?)
IP/Target: 121.227.195.xxx
any other info need to configure my router?

that site quoted: free DDNS do not support phone? so is this a problem if i am log in from my phone remotely? i attach a pic for your reference.

For item#5: can u share your dynamic dis account setting at your router screenshot so i can refer to?

Screen Shot 2018-04-09 at 2.54.41 PM.png

samparker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so now logon to your router and follow steps 5, 6 and 7.

Don't worry about the phone support - I think that means you can call them for help.

Ken Lee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Step 5 will look something like this:
Screen Shot 2018-04-09 at 5.03.41 pm.png

Step 6 will look something like this (just confirm the IP address and port shown on your KHG):
Screen Shot 2018-04-09 at 5.04.17 pm.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-09 at 5.08.43 pm.png

Here is a tutorial I found online too:
https://www.tp-link.com/us/faq-134.html
Really appreciate all these helps. i think now it is clear for me.
Actually i am reside in China, now i just found out that my TP LINK DNS is as per attachment (sorry it is in Chinese).
The issue is that there is no option to chose the Free service provider (only www.oray.com). And the strange things is that i got no clue i had ever register this site, it is already filled with user & password. But the problems when i try to enable it, it state wrong password.
Do u have any idea what is happening? Who register this for me?
it seems i have to go that oray.com site to register new account. Not sure if this is site provide free DNS service or not;Facepalm So this should be my last hurdle. Thanks again.

Screen Shot 2018-04-09 at 3.10.42 PM.png

samparker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need some help here. The KHG controller come in what voltage ? And does it come with any liquid?
My shipping company asking?
The unit itself runs on 12v dc, so you can provide your own power adaptor. If buying from coralvue, it will come with a 120v to 12vdc adaptor.

It will come with a small sachet of reagent

Sherman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually i am reside in China, now i just found out that my TP LINK DNS is as per attachment (sorry it is in Chinese).
The issue is that there is no option to chose the Free service provider (only www.oray.com). And the strange things is that i got no clue i had ever register this site, it is already filled with user & password. But the problems when i try to enable it, it state wrong password.
it seems i have to go that oray.com site to register new account. Not sure if this is site provide free DNS service or not;Facepalm So this should be my last hurdle. Thanks again.

Hi Ken,
You from China? You get your KHG in China?
If yes which shop? Can share website or contact.
I am from Singapore. Have a hard time getting one because
Singapore do not sell
Thank You

Sherman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The unit itself runs on 12v dc, so you can provide your own power adaptor. If buying from coralvue, it will come with a 120v to 12vdc adaptor.

It will come with a small sachet of reagent
So its 12 vdc source. I just need an adaptor which I can get locally.
Reagent is liquid or powder?

samparker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I’m afraid I’m not familiar with oray (can you click on that to change it to something else?). I’d suggest you don’t have an account, it has just put default username and password in

Ken Lee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Ken,
You from China? You get your KHG in China?
If yes which shop? Can share website or contact.
I am from Singapore. Have a hard time getting one because
Singapore do not sell
Thank You
I bought it from taobao. If u have the taobao account, u can communicate with the seller directly. Please check the attach picture below for the link. U can scan it with WeChat to log in into taobao.

761523263950_.pic_hd.jpg

Ken Lee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m afraid I’m not familiar with oray (can you click on that to change it to something else?). I’d suggest you don’t have an account, it has just put default username and password in
i try to enable with the default setting, but it failed. only oray is allow, sigh. i already register oray & try to log in & see.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 56 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.7%
Back