KH Guardian: Automatic Alkalinity Controller- My Experiences

Sherman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I try to get from CoralVue but I meet with shipping address problem.
Fill in everything but No Singapore from the dropdown list . All
America State.
Hence cannot proceed.
Anyone can help

Lazys Coral House

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received my unit today. Followed the video for setup. Got to the PH Probe calibration step. After sitting in standby mode for an hour while it was running 7.0 ph calibration it got a SWERR. I turned it on and back off and immediately got the same error. Any fix for that? I will contact coralvue but while I wait for them thought I would post here

Lazys Coral House

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NVM I found how to reset. I have’t been able to get through the first step in calibration. Is it normal to take an hour before timing out and giving error? Wondering if pribe is bad

samparker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I try to get from CoralVue but I meet with shipping address problem.
Fill in everything but No Singapore from the dropdown list . All
America State.
Hence cannot proceed.
Anyone can help
Try a mail forwarding service like shipito. Gives you an American address to send parcels to that they then resend to your country

samparker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received my unit today. Followed the video for setup. Got to the PH Probe calibration step. After sitting in standby mode for an hour while it was running 7.0 ph calibration it got a SWERR. I turned it on and back off and immediately got the same error. Any fix for that? I will contact coralvue but while I wait for them thought I would post here
Not sure what you are doing? To calibrate the probe, you simply sit it in the calibration fluid and hold down the two appropriate buttons. Shouldn’t take more than a couple seconds?

Turning off and on won’t clear the error, you’ll need to hit reset in the control panel for that. Can you show a screen shot of the error, there are two different SWERR, one says you don’t have enough salt water in the chamber and the other says you have too much.

Did you purge the lines as per the instructions?

Lazys Coral House

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for helping Samparker. So far I haven't gotten past the calibration part. I hold the appropriate buttons for the PH solution I am calibration for 3 seconds. It beeps and starts a countdown. The countdown takes about an hour.

Lazys Coral House

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a short video. It is doing the ph calibration. It takes and hour. Video may. It work until it is done processing by Youtube

Ken Lee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,
I just bought KHG monitor recently. I found out that my firmware is quite old version (V8W.H6A8L). And i check KHG website & doesn't have the latest firmware (V8PRO.H5F5 (5/22/2017)

So where can i download this latest firmware as I can't find it at KHG site or coralvue site either? & any risk if I direct update the firmware to latest version & skip so many firmware version?

BTW i am planning to connect KHG to wifi & bought the TP link router that Elton suggested (TL-WR710N). Is there any procedure how to connect KHG to this router? I got no idea how to connect it & configure it. Please help out.

One more thing, how to enable me to check/control my KHG remotely (away from my local network), if i don't have any controller?

samparker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a short video. It is doing the ph calibration. It takes and hour. Video may. It work until it is done processing by Youtube

The calibration is complete, that countdown is not for the calibration - it's the countdown till the next alk test :)

samparker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,
I just bought KHG monitor recently. I found out that my firmware is quite old version (V8W.H6A8L). And i check KHG website & doesn't have the latest firmware (V8PRO.H5F5 (5/22/2017)

So where can i download this latest firmware as I can't find it at KHG site or coralvue site either? & any risk if I direct update the firmware to latest version & skip so many firmware version?

BTW i am planning to connect KHG to wifi & bought the TP link router that Elton suggested (TL-WR710N). Is there any procedure how to connect KHG to this router? I got no idea how to connect it & configure it. Please help out.

One more thing, how to enable me to check/control my KHG remotely (away from my local network), if i don't have any controller?
I'd talk to the Dr Bridge guys on facebook. They have been a good help to me with lots of question regarding firmware.

As for help with the router setup for wifi, that's a bit trickier :). Basically, you will need to follow the setup wizard for the TP-Link to set it up in client mode. It should ask you to select a wifi signal and get you to enter the password and then it will act as a wifi adaptor that you can just plug the KHG into. I use the TP Link TR802n for this and it works a treat!

Ken Lee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd talk to the Dr Bridge guys on facebook. They have been a good help to me with lots of question regarding firmware.

As for help with the router setup for wifi, that's a bit trickier :). Basically, you will need to follow the setup wizard for the TP-Link to set it up in client mode. It should ask you to select a wifi signal and get you to enter the password and then it will act as a wifi adaptor that you can just plug the KHG into. I use the TP Link TR802n for this and it works a treat!
Thanks samparker for the reply. I manage to figure it out on the Router & now I am able to connect KHG via WIFI.
For the firmware, I will try to contact Dr Bridge guys on FB.
One last thing, how to connect to KHG remotely away from local network? I travel a lot for work...so i need to monitor my KH from far, I don't have Apex, GHL or reefangel.

samparker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no worries at all. To access the KHG outside of your network, you will need to setup something called a dynamic dns. Log onto your router (your main one, not the one you setup for the KHG) and have a look for some settings called "port forwarding". This will give your internal network an external path.

It's a little difficult to explain via words, you might need to watch a video to do it. Once done, it's done for good though :)

Ken Lee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no worries at all. To access the KHG outside of your network, you will need to setup something called a dynamic dns. Log onto your router (your main one, not the one you setup for the KHG) and have a look for some settings called "port forwarding". This will give your internal network an external path.

It's a little difficult to explain via words, you might need to watch a video to do it. Once done, it's done for good though :)
Thanks again for the prompt reply. I will watch a video to do so...

Ken Lee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi samparker,

Now i face another issue, after connecting KHG with router; every time KHG reboot after each testing, IP address will change. Before this, when i am using ethernet cable to connect to KHG, IP address is fix. Do u know any idea how to configure the TP Link since u also having the same brand router.

samparker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can assign a static IP address in the settings of the KHG, that should sort you out :)

Ken Lee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can assign a static IP address in the settings of the KHG, that should sort you out :)
Hi sam,
Thanks again. I am not IT savvy, is it possible to describe how to do this in more details? or any sites that u can share which can explain it more details to do this? As i search it in youtube & nothing is that useful maybe i search it wrongly....

What i notice the KHG IP showing in the display is different from the system setup itself, why? So which IP to chose from for setup?
So is it i have to config only the mini router which is ethernet cable hook with KHG with the static IP & not my main home Router right, or both?
Because i notice that when i direct connect KHG with ethernet cable from my main home router, the IP is not changing...

i really wish that KHG is built in wifi which save me all this hassle...

samparker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Certainly!

Ok, so log onto the KH Guardian the way you normally do. Then go to "System Setup" and scroll down to the section pictured and turn off DHCP. Then enter in the IP address you always want the KHG to use. You can see in the example below, I want the KHG to always use 192.168.1.37 and that my gateway (the router) is always 192.168.1.1
khg.png

Ken Lee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Certainly!

Ok, so log onto the KH Guardian the way you normally do. Then go to "System Setup" and scroll down to the section pictured and turn off DHCP. Then enter in the IP address you always want the KHG to use. You can see in the example below, I want the KHG to always use 192.168.1.37 and that my gateway (the router) is always 192.168.1.1
khg.png
Great tips, so do i need to config the mini router too for this assign IP thing?

samparker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That will tell your KHG to always ask for the same IP address, rather than randomly being assigned an available one. No need to do anything on the mini router, but you will need to port forward on your main router to give you an externally accessible path via a dynamic dns. I know it's confusing, but it's set and forget :)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 19.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back