KH Guardian: Automatic Alkalinity Controller- My Experiences

Ken Lee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So its 12 vdc source. I just need an adaptor which I can get locally.
Reagent is liquid or powder?
it come with adapter, reagent is liquid bottle.

Screen Shot 2018-04-09 at 5.06.23 PM.png

Sherman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Request #137186
http://www.coralvue.com/kh-guardian-pro

Quantity: 1

Comments: KH Guardian Pro Alkalinity Controller with AIM

Description: KH Guardian Pro Alkalinity Controller with AIM SKU: KHG-8C-P

Item rejected
Reason: Dear vShop4U customer, request is rejected due to prohibited item.

Your request has been rejected as some or all of the items are prohibited or out of stock.
We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

So sad. Today my forwarding company send this message. They cannot buy and ship for me due to prohibited item

Sherman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I shop at Coralvue there is one free zero ground shipping and another you get a quote.
Is there any different beside one need to pay and another is free

samparker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i try to enable with the default setting, but it failed. only oray is allow, sigh. i already register oray & try to log in & see.
yeah it won't work with the default settings. Put int the details you just registered with on their site and try again

Ken Lee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah it won't work with the default settings. Put int the details you just registered with on their site and try again
I am waiting for my IT friend to come over weekend to help me out on this. He said i can use VPN to do the same function as well. If it works that way, i will share my findings here. Actually i did registered Oray site for DNS address with small fee, but it failed to connect remotely.

Ken Lee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank You Ken Lee. So Taobao has . OK I check
No problem, remember to get your 90deg BNC connector which is make your KHG placement much easier. Just follow Coralvue 101 setup thoroughly & you should be able to set it up without an issue.
Only 1 important note: my KHG monitor come with glass pH probe, so the mounting should be secure middle height reference to the metal box behind. Not the 1mm height reference, which is only apply to the plastic pH probe version, if using 1mm setting your result will give huge fluctuating error. i think KHG has upgrade monitor pH probe version to better one which similar to the KHG controller version.

So far after a week of tweaking & deep dive on the KHG, i manage to stabilize everything. U need to definitely tweak the KHG dKH compensation to match your salifert result. Only thing is the port forwarding, which i am still struggling. Hopefully i can get it done by end of the week.

Screen Shot 2018-04-11 at 7.44.37 AM.png

LobsterOfJustice

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont have a way to measure 65 g of baking soda - can someone tell me how much volume (mL or tsp/tbs) is equivalent?

Lazys Coral House

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well mine lasted for four days. Won’t power on any longer. Tried unplugging and plugging back in several times. Opened a ticket with coralvue.

Lazys Coral House

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my RMA with instructions on how to send back lickety-split. Not even mad. It’s all about the service. Hopefully it continues to be good through the process.

Ken Lee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont have a way to measure 65 g of baking soda - can someone tell me how much volume (mL or tsp/tbs) is equivalent?
Please refer to this thread pg. 27; there is discussion about volume vs. weight things, if neglect all those errors, u can just assume 65g =65ml. So u can take a small volume measuring cup to get u 65ml. 1 tbs =around 15ml. u can refer to chart below for more details.

Screen Shot 2018-04-12 at 9.42.00 PM.png

LobsterOfJustice

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The conversion of mL = g is only valid for water. There will be a specific conversion for baking soda based on its density. I did some googling and found some kitchen/baking conversions and it seems like 3 tablespoons + 3/4 teaspoon equates to 65g. This is about 48 mL.

88211f56b4fbf90028f41cad03d439fb.jpg

morpheas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I arrive at a bit of a different number. Here is my logic.
The density of sodium bicarbonate is 2.2 g/cm3. This means that for every cc of sodium bicarbonate you get 2.2 grams of weight. So 65 grams would be:

65 g / 2.2 g/cc = ~29.54 cc.

Maybe you or @Randy Holmes-Farley can correct my logic or math if I'm mistaken.

Btw, measuring volume is not the best approach when dealing with granular/solid substances, I'd strongly recommend the purchase of an inexpensive scale.

justin.k.nelson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think they cut the price in half because the trident is estimated to come out at that exact retail later this year. Competition is a ***** if you are overpriced. I think it sucks for those that got in when the kh guardian was first released and see it reduced to half it's initial srp this year

Ken Lee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The conversion of mL = g is only valid for water. There will be a specific conversion for baking soda based on its density. I did some googling and found some kitchen/baking conversions and it seems like 3 tablespoons + 3/4 teaspoon equates to 65g. This is about 48 mL.

88211f56b4fbf90028f41cad03d439fb.jpg
You are right, I forgotten it s for water. Sorry about that. Why don’t u get a weighing machine? It is useful if you are using baling method.

Ken Lee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

LobsterOfJustice

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had my unit up and running for about 2 days now... but I just realized I have a little bottle with a stir bar in it left over from installation. Am I supposed to do something with this little bottle or stir bar? It was not mentioned in the user manual or setup video from coralvue.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back