firm.png

Ken Lee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,
After couple weeks tweaking my KHG Monitor, below are my lesson learnt to share:-
  1. Flatness is very important - need to shim left hand side to make it level
  2. Double agitator used (for my case)-single agitator has >KH error which i am not sure why
  3. pH probe position so important (black/white top, glass probe - 1mm above the titanium block) -for my case
  4. Try to use shortest tube for Reagent & SW IN
  5. New reagent from the soft pack is better result consistency than the original bottle type
  6. Upgrade latest firmware
  7. Compare the result vs Salifert - compensate the desire value @ADJ KH
  8. Position the SW IN tube in “less noise” area away from Skimmer where bubble/wave will affect the result consistency (i used to run wave maker/bubble scrubbing in my sump for cleaning which affecting the results consistency, now i deactivated both functions, results are much better)
To KHG team:
I wish that KHG can upgrade the firmware which can enable following:-
1. Maybe longer interval between each test (>240mins, perhaps maybe 2~4x or 1x daily)
2. Whenever erase SD card, Line chart old data should be erased too beside the "display record" data only
3. Allow bigger value instead restrict only for max limit of +2.00/-2.00 compensation for ADJ KH function (should be up to user to decide)

BrianReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Anyone know where I can get one? They Pro+AIM is sold out on coralvue and pretty much everywhere else. I found a few sites who have a handful left, but they’re all old versions without AIM. Anyone have an extra they want to sell?!?

Ken Lee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know where I can get one? They Pro+AIM is sold out on coralvue and pretty much everywhere else. I found a few sites who have a handful left, but they’re all old versions without AIM. Anyone have an extra they want to sell?!?
U can check KHG on Facebook, try to ask there. Much responsive over there.

BrianReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Question for fellow KH Guardian owners: I just ordered a unit and received it today. It was supposed to come with the AIM unit which was missing (separate issue!), but the probe was shipped dry - see picture below - and had some salt creep on it (i'm guessing from factory testing). Is this normal or was this a defect / missing step on my specific unit? I'm concerned that when I set it up the probe will not work since it was shipped dry. Thoughts? How did others ship?

probe.jpg

Ken Lee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question for fellow KH Guardian owners: I just ordered a unit and received it today. It was supposed to come with the AIM unit which was missing (separate issue!), but the probe was shipped dry - see picture below - and had some salt creep on it (i'm guessing from factory testing). Is this normal or was this a defect / missing step on my specific unit? I'm concerned that when I set it up the probe will not work since it was shipped dry. Thoughts? How did others ship?

probe.jpg
My probe is come with small bottle with wet sponge inside (suppose some kind of liquid). No salt creep.
U can acknowledge your seller 1st & see what is their feedback. I think u can straight install the KHG & see if your probe has issue or not. U can dip your probe into pH 7.0 or 4.0 solution to see if it still have issue after calibrate. Worse case just get new/replacement probe....& ship it together with your AIM unit.

Dr. Reef

www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree, sounds like a demo or returned unit.
pH probes are kept in a solution for storage and shipping till use. Also there shouldn't be a salt creep on it either. I would definitely return it and try to get a new unit.

Nubbs01

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where did you get yours from? They have shown as out of stock for over a month for me.

AquamanE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont have a way to measure 65 g of baking soda - can someone tell me how much volume (mL or tsp/tbs) is equivalent?

I just installed one of these, but just for monitoring, and its great.

Those that have the Pro and use it to keep ALK by dosing. Have you considered the fact that ALK and Ca are consumed equally? If you only Dose Sodium Bicarbonate what happens with Ca?

All ive read from @Randy Holmes-Farley says dose A and B equally. Will this not affect the A and B balance?

Dr. Reef

www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its not an equal amount of consumption but rather a standard proportion. For every 2.6 dkh of alkalinity is 20 ppm of calcium.
Secondly kh guardian does not claim it to be a standalone system to keep parameters balanced. In fact they don't even advertise it to be the only system you should have to adjust alkalinity. What they do claim is that you should have your 2 part dosing system or a calcium reactor running on your system while keeping kh Guardian as a back-up plan.

AquamanE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its not an equal amount of consumption but rather a standard proportion. For every 2.6 dkh of alkalinity is 20 ppm of calcium.
Secondly kh guardian does not claim it to be a standalone system to keep parameters balanced. In fact they don't even advertise it to be the only system you should have to adjust alkalinity. What they do claim is that you should have your 2 part dosing system or a calcium reactor running on your system while keeping kh Guardian as a back-up plan.

Im not discarding or accusing any claims. All Im saying is, if you dose NaHC03, you should also dose Ca.

I love and just installed the KH G on my system. I wouldnt use the Pro. Because what I woudnt do is dose NaHCO3 without an equivalent dose of Ca.

Mind you I have a Calcium Reactor so dont need to dose anything, but I hate to see hobbyist dosing NaHCO3 with out a Ca dose. Maybe someone will prove me wrong. I welcome the added knowledge, and will accept if i am wrong.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 37 43.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 30.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back