KH Guardian, Profilux 4 users...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

robs.mark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

is anyone connecting their KHG to P4 using an AIM? I have just added a PLM-PH expansion card to my PH and have managed to get a reading in the GHL Connect (but not on the screen of the P4 - it just shows “PH3 XXX” Not sure if that’s usual for this application?).

Problem I’m facing is that my KH Guardian is showing 8.8 dkh and my Profilux is showing a ph (dkh) of 10.5. I have tried to calibrate this using the only method I can find but it didn’t work (was demonstrated on an Apex). How did you get yours working? Did you managed to force calibrate the pH reading on the assigned port to match your KHG?

Thanks

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pH 10.5 is the max value that Profilux can show. The xxx is the real measurement and you should also have an pH alarm going on. However - how to calibrate it to KH Guardian - I do not know. @Vinny@GHLUSA may know how

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
robs.mark

robs.mark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pH 10.5 is the max value that Profilux can show. The xxx is the real measurement and you should also have an pH alarm going on. However - how to calibrate it to KH Guardian - I do not know. @Vinny@GHLUSA may know how

Sincerely Lasse
I appreciate that Lasse. I’ve look through all the literature I can find but was unsuccessful. I know it can be done as I’ve seen other users with success online.

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be best to contact KHG directly and see if they can guide you on calibrating their device to the ProfiLux.

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

Launch ph3 sensor calibration on Profilux LCD screen. When Profilux ask for calibration values, set 7.0 and 10.0

When Profilux ask to put pH sensor in 7.0 buffer, click the AIM calibration S.7 button from KHG system Setup screen, in this time KHG will send out the simulation pH7 voltage to Profilux for 30 second and same time can see the countdown in the KHG LCD screen and make B....B....B sound.

When Profilux ask to put pH sensor in 10.0 buffer, click the AIM calibration S.10 button from KHG system Setup screen, in this time KHG will send out the simulation pH10 voltage to Profilux for 30 second and same time can see the countdown in the KHG LCD screen and make B....B....B sound.

Gaël

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
see here page 19 - below

1654285725255.png

Edit - @Gaël was 1 minute faster :)

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
robs.mark

robs.mark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

Launch ph3 sensor calibration on Profilux LCD screen. When Profilux ask for calibration values, set 7.0 and 10.0

When Profilux ask to put pH sensor in 7.0 buffer, click the AIM calibration S.7 button from KHG system Setup screen, in this time KHG will send out the simulation pH7 voltage to Profilux for 30 second and same time can see the countdown in the KHG LCD screen and make B....B....B sound.

When Profilux ask to put pH sensor in 10.0 buffer, click the AIM calibration S.10 button from KHG system Setup screen, in this time KHG will send out the simulation pH10 voltage to Profilux for 30 second and same time can see the countdown in the KHG LCD screen and make B....B....B sound.

Gaël
see here page 19 - below

1654285725255.png

Edit - @Gaël was 1 minute faster :)

Sincerely Lasse
Thanks gentlemen,

I have tried this with no success. KHG have told me to force calibrate the P4 to align the pH to mirror the KHG but I cannot find a way to do that.

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks gentlemen,

I have tried this with no success. KHG have told me to force calibrate the P4 to align the pH to mirror the KHG but I cannot find a way to do that.
Hi,

can you please show your calibration and ADC values?
Is the 30 seconds enough for ph7 and ph10 calibration in the given time?
Are you really sure you have entered the ph value "10.0" instead of "9.00" when the profilux asks for it?

Gaël

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ask KHG if their pH 7 really is 0 mV - the pH 10 should be around minus 177.48 (-177.48) mV if they follow the theoretical mV/ unit of pH slope (59.16). If you have a multimeter - you can by yourself measure the signal from the AIM module. Theoretical values pH 4 = 177.48 - pH 7 = 0 mV - pH 10 = -177.48 mV. Note - the slope is reversed - higher pH lower mV readings. Remember hydrogen (H) is a positive ion and hydrogen oxide (OH) is a negative ion. An electronic pH meter just measure the the relationship between these two ions.

1654328295800.png

If you have calibrate your pH card with the KHG software - you can check at least pH 7. Just put the the cap that follow with the card (for use if you use the card as a redox card) over your connector (on the card) If all is OK - you should probably read 7. When you calibrate - the signal must be stable for a certain time - I do not know if the sensitivity of the card play ant role during calibration but you can test with this

1654329259095.png

Hope this will help you a little more

Sincerely Lasse

Victor Guyton

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
KH Guardian reagent DIY formula is 6ml of Muriatic acid into 1533 ml of RODI water.

Victor Guyton

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
KH Guardian reagent DIY formula is 6ml of Muriatic acid into 1533 ml of RODI water.

Attachments

• Photo Collage Maker_GzUUd2.png
    Photo Collage Maker_GzUUd2.png
    869 KB · Views: 52

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 66 85.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.9%
Back