kicking it up a notch....maybe!

chevy4w

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have an Aqueon 75 gallon reef ready aquarium that is doing fantastic. However, for a long time now I have been toying with the idea of going bigger!
So, I realize I have many choices as to where I purchase the size I am interested in...120 gallon.
But I would like input or advice or your personal preferences!
Where to buy, single or dual overflows, type of glass.....etc. I'm not looking to buy a stand, I plan to have one built.
Would love any suggestions.
Bill

galantra

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Think there is a lot of factors. Like do you wanna go rimless or standard type of tank style. Is it gonna be a reef? Softy? Or mix type will also help what kind of setup you would like. I have had standard to totally custom built tanks myself. From coast to coast in New Jersey and even Miracles. When it comes to glass low iron not worth buying scratches way to easy. I like the external overflow just a lot more space within the tank.

pecan2phat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree that low iron glass "seems" to scratch easier than regular float glass but the problem with larger tanks is that you normally need 1/2" glass and regular float glass will have a noticeable green hue vs low iron glass.
Just my 2¢

tdyrkacz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
See if you can order a waterbox or redsea without the stand... i think you can do this with waterbox. Innovative marine is another one to consider.

pecan2phat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IM tanks have nice dimensions like this 150g and they have readily external overflow optioned tanks that you can purchase without a stand. I would look at Glass Cages also, it is not the same company that produced reptile tanks in the past.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 145 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back