OP
Goose91

Goose91

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
phosphates could be an issue which might cause some algae problems. I'd test for them and see where you're at.
You can always run some GFO to clean them out.
Wish i had the ability for both lol. Thats on my to get list, is the rest of the test kits, currently just have the beginner api kit. But soon, cuz i wanna get some corals in the tank by the end of the summer

BeejReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It feels so inevitable. One almost two, one 4. Both love the tank. Both want to "help."

I'd be totally lying if I said I gave myself a coin's flip of a chance that one of them doesn't do something catastrophic to it before they're old enough to understand.
They want to feed strange things, they fiddle with the heater and powerheads if I leave them accessible for a NY minute. You won't find any $160 frags in my tank :D

OP
OP
Goose91

Goose91

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It feels so inevitable. One almost two, one 4. Both love the tank. Both want to "help."

I know that love all too well lol. No matter where i am or what im doing, its look daddy im helping! Hopefully after this incident, if i involve him a little more and get him excited about the proper stuff he hopefully wont do anything too helpful without me. But scared showing him too much may lead down that rabbit hole too.
;Dead;Wacky

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol, oreos, diapers, and toothpaste, and recently read a post of someones nephew peeing in the sump!
Think we needa come up with some kind of automated kid trap thatll plug and play with our fish controller gear.

Nope, no bleach, just the normal stuff, so should all be fine!
The secret to keeping them away is..... take out Nemo and tell them a shark is hiding in the tank. No fingers will ever touch that water again

OP
OP
Goose91

Goose91

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The secret to keeping them away is..... take out Nemo and tell them a shark is hiding in the tank. No fingers will ever touch that water again
lol, the ever elusive finger eating, live rock coloured reef shark, that espically tiny tender children fingers along with nemo lol

OP
OP
Goose91

Goose91

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feeding time. Happy fish :D:D

20190626_180042.jpg

20190626_180214.jpg

20190626_180131.jpg

20190626_180051.jpg

NS Mike D

In the arena.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone here found a diaper floating in there tank, I wonder if their skimmer took a cr@p after that load:p

lol . Way back when when I kept an iguana and life with little ones got in the way of tank cleaning schedules, I found a diaper in the tank. My 4 year old saw the iguana droppings, grabbed a diaper from his little brother's room and ..... "Ziggy needs a diaper for his poop dad"

EmptyWallet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol, oreos, diapers, and toothpaste, and recently read a post of someones nephew peeing in the sump!
Think we needa come up with some kind of automated kid trap thatll plug and play with our fish controller gear.

Nope, no bleach, just the normal stuff, so should all be fine!

Matchbox cars for me, more than 1 went in behind the rocks. Only found them when I was 'torching at night' looking for a pest crab, discovering a tiny yellow bonnet (excuse me, translated to US a hood). Explained the elevated Zinc & Tin levels showing up on my ICP test!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 40.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 39 35.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back