OP
Kigs!

Kigs!

zoa santa
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome pics! How many shrimp are living in that duncan colony?
Thanks J - I have 9 of them. LFS was selling them for $7 each and I couldn't pass it up! Bought 8, and got one more as a freebie. :)

love the shrimp.

Almost bought those as well, I was looking at them a day or two ago.

Im just worried with 8 larger wrasses, i was a little nervous.

almost bought a couple sexy shrimp last night, but picked up a couple algae bennies instead.

Needed a little cleanup crew that doesnt get eaten.
I tried in the past with my rhomboid and flame pairs and these shrimps disappeared as fast as they hit the water. I moved them to the frag tank, but I still had my lanceolatus in there. Surprisingly, the borbonius acts as their bodyguard - hanging around the area charging at anything that gets near them. I'm sure the borb will have a difficult time protecting them w/ more wrasses in the tank though.

Good stuff Vince. There is no way I could get away with those shrimp with my likings of wrasses.
Thanks Mark. :) I love to have more wrasses in the display but I think these inverts are so worth it. They are just so fun to watch...I'll have to get a video of the Venus anemone shrimp. He starts clapping furiously when he feels threatened. lol

I was over Vince's house yesterday and saw the tank for the first time since we moved it last weekend, I must say I was really blown away. The aquascaping and new livestock really, really looked awesome. The Apogon are truly a spectacular schooling fish, amazing colorations and the shrimp were just loving the large duncan colony. The aquascaping looks marvelous, Vince just randomly placed the LR back into the tank last weekend in a blind sandstorm and essentially it came out looking like a million dollars, talk about luck. The rework of his tank has turned out to be a HR, it really looks sharp, there is such a nice balance, total Fung Shui :) I am so jealous! keep up the good work Bro!
:D Kev, you gave away my secret! lol I think it was around 2AM when I threw those rocks in right? I think I was half asleep then :xd: Thanks for the kind words bro.

this looks like an awsome tank. It is the kind of tank I would lovw to set up. not typical at all. this will be a tank of the month. even if not now.
I'm not even close but I'm honored to read such compliment rarelyseriousb, thanks!

OP
OP
Kigs!

Kigs!

zoa santa
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just when I thought I was done spending money...

My frag tank is going through some serious mini-cycles. I thought it wouldn't be too bad with aged tank plumbed in but I guess not.

Can you guys recommend some good CUC? Should I try a sea hare? or few dozens of hermits / snails?

FaviaFreak

Weir Everywhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just when I thought I was done spending money...

My frag tank is going through some serious mini-cycles. I thought it wouldn't be too bad with aged tank plumbed in but I guess not.

Can you guys recommend some good CUC? Should I try a sea hare? or few dozens of hermits / snails?

couple sea hares and a bunch of hermits, hermits will keep your frag plugs clean and the sea hares just much down everything else

OP
OP
Kigs!

Kigs!

zoa santa
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright - got a CUC order going on Liveaquaria. Added couple of emerald crabs too. Dang...prices on these hermits are ridiculous. Whatever happened to .99c?

JuniorMC8704

Super Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dont get a sea hare...they never live long term...always fine pumps...

ebay has had some dirt cheap hermit crabs from time to time.

6 months ago i got 500 small blue leg hermits for 110.00 shipped.

OP
OP
Kigs!

Kigs!

zoa santa
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
good call on the ebay listings Jr...I found this guy 'piece of the reef' with some amazing deals. Sandy, I don't think reeftopia can beat this guy's price. He does have few negative feedback but I'm sure he can't make everyone happy when he sells so much...

http://cgi.ebay.com/100-SALTWATER-a...5|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

http://cgi.ebay.com/100-SALTWATER-a...5|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:0|293:1|294:50

http://cgi.ebay.com/100-saltwater-R...5|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:0|293:5|294:50

rebelprettyboy

xMRxCOMPLTEx
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive ordered a clean up crew from piece of the reef before and I was pleased with it, everything came in pretty healthy

ecotoxlady

Perpetual student
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank is absolutely awe inspiring Vince! By the sounds of Faviafreak's post, I think it's time for a new FTS :D

OP
OP
Kigs!

Kigs!

zoa santa
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive ordered a clean up crew from piece of the reef before and I was pleased with it, everything came in pretty healthy
Thanks Denzel...I put an order through. For some reason, I think his prices went up after I sent him an email? Odd...I should've written them down.

Your tank is absolutely awe inspiring Vince! By the sounds of Faviafreak's post, I think it's time for a new FTS :D

I'll take some new FTS for you tonight Karen. :) Not a lot has changed though, yet.

'Till then some better shots of the shrimps.

Can you guys see the formula2 flake food inside of him? :D
N2.jpg

N3.jpg

And a teaser. :)
N1.jpg

rebelprettyboy

xMRxCOMPLTEx
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aww more pics of the garden eels!!!

And +1 on a new fts..

And I love those shrimp. I wanted some of those from the 2 drs

OP
OP
Kigs!

Kigs!

zoa santa
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aww more pics of the garden eels!!!

And +1 on a new fts..

And I love those shrimp. I wanted some of those from the 2 drs
I tried taking more shots but they came out very blurry. =\ I'll keep trying though.

You got the eels!?!?!? :]

Pm me where you got them...

Steven, PM sent. :)

Ok, FTS for Karen and Denzel. :bigsmile: I took about 50 shots and FateX8 shot down 47 of them, leaving me with these 3 decent shots...lol
O3.jpg

O2.jpg

O1.jpg

ecotoxlady

Perpetual student
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gorgeous!! Thank you Vince :D I love how the sexy shrimp all hang around the duncans!

Where did you get those fantastic glowing red yumas? They are out of this world!

fishes2889

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great stuff Vince, those yuma's are sick.

Love the acro's and monti's on the reef flat to the left, will be great once they grow out.:)

OP
OP
Kigs!

Kigs!

zoa santa
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice eye candy Bro! but you already know what i think about your tank :D
Thanks Kev! Hopefully next time you come over, the fish room will be a bit more presentable. I'll have to get some decent chairs and maybe a mini-fridge in there so we can have a cold one while we BS about the CMs and MDs. Oh, not to forget the infamous Mr.Sensitive :xd:

beautiful tank! love the cleaner shots, you must have some very dirty fish! lol
Thanks softiegirl! Haha, the anthias goes into a withdrawl mode if he doesn't get cleaned every few hours now. He starts getting overly aggressive towards everything else, acting like a spoiled little brat in front of the shrimp till he gives in and jumps on...:squigglemouth:

Gorgeous!! Thank you Vince :D I love how the sexy shrimp all hang around the duncans!

Where did you get those fantastic glowing red yumas? They are out of this world!
Thanks Karen! Having 9 sexy shrimps is not as exciting as I envisioned, lol. They sorta just shake their butts all day, and that's the most excitment I'll get out of them. The red yuma's much more in the orange shade, I think I got that from Marcel awhile ago. :)

Great stuff Vince, those yuma's are sick.

Love the acro's and monti's on the reef flat to the left, will be great once they grow out.:)
Thanks Steven, it'll be awhile till they color up completely from the tank transfer but you're absolutely right. It's going to create some funky aquascaping once they grow out. :bigsmile:

OP
OP
Kigs!

Kigs!

zoa santa
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which is more effective, Astrea or Ceriths?

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 38.2%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 64 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.1%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back