• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Kigs Trade: Worst Experience to Date

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

MrPicasso

Chalice Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off I want to make clear that I am not trying to spark any drama on this board by sharing my personal experience with Kigs. I had heard really good things about kigs from feedback and so on, so I was excited about trading with him. He sent me a pm saying what he wanted of mine and I did the same with his stock. We were supposed to trade last Tuesday. I sent a pm the night before telling him I'd ship the next day. He replied me too. Tuesday came so I shipped, went home and sent him pics of his shipment going out with confirmation numbers attached. I get a pm that night saying that he didn't ship today, and said he'd ship the next day. I said no problem. The next day I get another pm saying he still didn't ship and he'd ship Monday. At this point he had recieved my package. He said one of the frags did not make it. I apolgized and told him the next time we trade I'll replace it. He said no problem. At this point I start to wonder if he even has any intention on shipping at all. So I write him a pm of concern. He replies very rude telling me I'm being impatient and maybe he should just pay for the frags I sent. I said no, I want to trade not sell. I am not in this hobby for money. I told him just to send me package of the stock agreed on. He said...OK. Monday he sends the package. I recieved it Weds, I open the box and there's one melted frag in one bag, and a single Tiny polyp on a plug. The water was crystal, and packing was good. I tested the water and the levels were all good, and the water temp was 76 degrees. Kinda feel like he was ticked at me for being concerned, so he sent bunk stuff. I know he ships alot and knows how to properly ship coral. I am just very disapointed.

Kigs!

zoa santa
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry you were disappointed with the trade Rob. Please keep in mind that at least you got something out of this trade while both of your frags melted away on me. I had no ill feelings towards you when I sent them out to you, I think you're just thinking too much into it. Though I do have to point out that I was abit surprised when you told me you sent 2day priority in this weather; but that's something we never discussed in details so nevermind. I do not remember being rude to you at all. Only part I remember is you constantly demanding freebies and trying to take advantage of the situation in the worst way possible. Sorry you had such a bad experience Rob, I wish you luck in your next trade. :)

OP
OP
MrPicasso

MrPicasso

Chalice Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Say what you will about it. I have had little problems in the past with 2 day in this weather. I sent you one pm, jokingly asking about a freebie for the wait. Blow it out of proportion, and make yourself feel better. Before you shipped you said one frag did not make it. Thats why I said I'd gladly replace it, but did I recieve anything like that from you when your shipment arrived doa? I am not really concerned about the coral, as much as I am concerned about the way you acted about it all. Thats why I put the feedback, so people know that when trading with you there is a chance of being treated poorly, and they may have to be very patient.

Last edited:

alexpescado

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys I am sorry that your trade didn't work out. I have traded several times over the past few months with Vince and he has always been very generous with me. I hope you guys can work things out.

OP
OP
MrPicasso

MrPicasso

Chalice Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really don't care to have any further experiences with him in the future. Once is enough.

tommyb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is too bad it didn't work out for you guys.
Just out of curiousity, what did you guys trade. Were they single polyps or multiples? I have never had much luck shipping singles or even fragging them for that matter.
I hope you guys can work out.

Hypertek99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never traded or bought from Kigs before and i'm probably not going to. I received a few frags from him a couple of months ago from the tetris contest but all the frags were pretty much dead when i got them. Let's just say it was nothing like i expected. He offered to send me a new one and i was really happy and even offered to pay for part of the shipping. But haven't heard anything back since. I'm not going to bother since they were free but i feel like this should be typed out here. Very nice guy otherwise.

fishtankdon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased 1 polyp of the candy apple red. Even tho it looks like it was fragged the night before shipped, I have 0 complaints. Its wide open atm, and living large. So my 1st exp, no complaints here. Thumbs up bud...

rebecca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don's one frag came with a trade I also did with Kigs, he did a great job packing and all the polyps look good and opened up right away, it did take a bit for him to send them but I also know he had family issues that needed to come first which is understandable. Thanks for the polyps Kigs.

Kigs!

zoa santa
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hypertek, I'm so sorry about that bro... some of you here might know of events that occured within the last few weeks that pulled me away from the hobby, and your PM somewhat overlapped those events. I didn't get a chance to reply to many of the PMs and I wish you had followed up on it. I have no problem sending you another one as agreed, just shoot me a PM and we can work everything out.

Don, Rebecca, thank you for your kind words. You two were very wonderful to deal with and it was a pleasure.

Hypertek99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry didn't know you had family problems. I already bought the paly somewhere else. But thanks for the offer.

OP
OP
MrPicasso

MrPicasso

Chalice Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Worked everything out. Like I told him sometimes in an addictive hobby like this one, small conflicts happen. Shipments sometimes die, but he is replacing them and we will put this behind us. Thanks for being understanding Kigs.

Kigs!

zoa santa
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rob, I'm really glad that we can put this silly grudge over a fish hobby and become friends. We should've talked one on one first, then we could have realized how reasonable we both are and we are capable of working out solutions in logical ways, without bashing one another. I hope there will be more amicable settlements over here on CZ other than suggestions of actions that fuel unnecessary arguments and anger. I'd also like to thank you for offering replacement frags, I'm looking forward to them.... Actually, I'm really excited about those avocado Twisters :D

mvite

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:horse: We need a new smiley to put Kigs in the place of that horse!

I've had some fun exchanges with Vinny---and I'm a prick. :D I'd trade with him again in a second. (Although now I might make him ship first.) :)

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 76 35.2%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 58 26.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 67 31.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.7%
Back