Killer in the tank!

Biddence

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought a pair of yellow coris wrasses for my tank (135 gallon)2 weeks ago, put them in with some aggression shown to them the first day( Female clown , gramma shown the most ) but subsided after the first day. Fast forward to today everything seeming pretty normal and fish looking healthy, i come home with a walk from my family and one of the coris wrasses is practically dead with seemingly every fish in the tank attacking it at this point.( seen this happen before with a sick fish). The other one is hanging out in the bottom corner of the tank with multiple wounds. I’ve been watching my tank for the past couple hours from a distance and no fish has been overly aggressive to the other wrasse while i have been watching. What or who is to blame? what should i look out for?

My stock list is:
Blue Hippo Tang
Tomini Tang
Powder Brown Tang
Lyretail Anthias
Yellow Watchman Goby
Blue-spotted Jawfish
Midas Blenny
Royal Gramma
2x Banggai Cardnalfish
Mocha Storm Clownfish
Percula Clownfish
Female Bellus Angelfish

OP
OP
Biddence

Biddence

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe the Coris wrasses first turned on each other, then tried to make it look like a murder-suicide.
Lol, i was weary of putting two in , but they seemed to almost be a pair never leaving each other’s side. The female clown was aggressive when the wrasses went near their “home” tonight and the first day they went in otherwise, been pretty normal… just a clown doing clown things attacking my hand when it goes in the tank etc.

Isopod80

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bellus is probably the most peaceful fish in the tank, female clown on the other hand is a pain and is a bully when a fish gets too close to their gsp. They won’t venture too far away.
Angels do have a reputation often times but clowns are notorious. Sorry about your fish.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Clown especially if larger my suspect. One way to find out is to set your phone on video mode for about an hour. Drop a Little food and walk away (must walk away as they know you are there). Come back later and review the video. You may very well find your culprit

OP
OP
Biddence

Biddence

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clown especially if larger my suspect. One way to find out is to set your phone on video mode for about an hour. Drop a Little food and walk away (must walk away as they know you are there). Come back later and review the video. You may very well find your culprit
That sounds like an interesting idea, i have been toying with the idea on a web cam for the tank.

OP
OP
Biddence

Biddence

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
0B327614-3FA0-46EF-B9CF-55AF1FD14B17.jpeg
Suspect#1

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back