Kim From sydney australia

Raideress

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi im Kim from sydney Australia, had a 20 gallon freshwater tank i turned into saltwater ended up with 2 clowns (Moana and Sharkbait) and a turbo snail (Turbo) got a scooter blenny without research as without a heads up from LFS, and yes he died despite eating frozen well 2-3 times a day (lesson one) :( i switched to my old 77 gallon tank moved the clowns and turbo over, after a while added a young hippo tang about 2-3 inches named Dory (i had to) and a coral beauty named Pocahontas, im a MAJOR disney fan which you probably noticing now, ANYWAY not sure what happened but my coral beauty ended up with popeye on one side and her side fin on the other side was pointing up and barely moving, lost her about a week later :( Hopefully Dory didnt turn out to be jack the ripper, so feel ive not started well lost 2 fish out of only 5 :( then decided to get some live rock and it had a leather toadstool coral on it and turns out a featherduster too, so now i have coral too, thinking i may try corals, but only have standard lighting so trying to work out the best lighting that work cost me a fortune, but will br

NashobaTek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
giphy.gif

Welcome to the team!

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Kim, Welcome to R2R! Let’s see your tank! Sorry about your tank misfortunes... unfortunately this hobby is expensive to start but once you get thing going and growing it pays for itself:).
giphy.gif

PTXReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi im Kim from sydney Australia, had a 20 gallon freshwater tank i turned into saltwater ended up with 2 clowns (Moana and Sharkbait) and a turbo snail (Turbo) got a scooter blenny without research as without a heads up from LFS, and yes he died despite eating frozen well 2-3 times a day (lesson one) :( i switched to my old 77 gallon tank moved the clowns and turbo over, after a while added a young hippo tang about 2-3 inches named Dory (i had to) and a coral beauty named Pocahontas, im a MAJOR disney fan which you probably noticing now, ANYWAY not sure what happened but my coral beauty ended up with popeye on one side and her side fin on the other side was pointing up and barely moving, lost her about a week later :( Hopefully Dory didnt turn out to be jack the ripper, so feel ive not started well lost 2 fish out of only 5 :( then decided to get some live rock and it had a leather toadstool coral on it and turns out a featherduster too, so now i have coral too, thinking i may try corals, but only have standard lighting so trying to work out the best lighting that work cost me a fortune, but will br

Love the names! Please name my maxima clam so my friend doesn't name it Cloyster :p

Welcome to R2R! Happy Reefing!

giphy.gif

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 17 8.3%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 35 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 136 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 10 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.9%
Back