Kitchen cabinet as stand for nano?

Joiningsession

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 10, 2013
Messages
239
Reaction score
61
Location
Louisiana
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
As the title states, thoughts on a 30in kitchen cabinet stand for a 25 lagoon? Would be looking at 200+ pounds. I think it should hold the weight fine, but more worried about my kids bumping into the sides etc.. looking for a budget friendly route for a stand that’s at least 36in tall
 
Waterboy GIF
 
When we had our Bathrooms remodeled, I saved the original Kraft-maid Cabinets. The Sides and backs are Particle Board. I have a row of them, with a Pre-formed Laminate Top. I’ve had 45, 30 Gallon, a Refugium / Sump on the Row. Zero deflection/warping on the cabinets. There are different grades of Cabinets. It would be easy to glue and clamp some uprights on the inside corners, if you are worried. I would secure the cabinets to the wall to keep a child from tipping it over. It’s really nice to have a ledge around the Aquarium, to set stuff on while working on it. Also I’d set the Aquarium so the Front Edge is not over the Kick Space.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 30.8%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 15.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new