Klir Filter Review.

Eder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These new motors are insane! I doubt I’ll ever have trouble again. 12v and 11rpm unlike the 3rpm old Obed and twice as big!

CD162C52-812C-47F5-B56D-44D3850BB8BA.jpeg 922C85F2-3F51-4389-9B56-5A171B88B9E4.jpeg

CoralVue_Marketing

One minute of patience, ten years of peace.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d like to purchase klir 4”, will coralvue send me a new motor or are they resisting ? I assume the new unit shipping do not come with a new motor ?

Should you decide to pull the trigger and try the Klir Di-4 and experience any issues with its performance, just shoot an email to [email protected] and we'll take great care of you.

CoralVue_Marketing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome, thanks Jeff. Would you know if the current stock at brs has the newer motors ?

I checked with our warehouse and they are pretty sure all retailers now have stock with the new motors. Of course, if you have any trouble, just shoot me an email and we'll get you squared away: [email protected]

CoralVue_Marketing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reporting back that it’s been about 10 days without an issue or an alarm. These new motors rock! Well worth the investment now. 5 stars

Man, that's awesome! Thank you so much for following up. Everyone on staff that runs a Klir was very excited with its performance once they made the switch.

Roger Brooks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Say PatReef - you said you replaced the Klir motor with a 24volt motor and you included a link, but that's to a 12volt motor. Did you have to purchase a 12v power brick to run the motor? Or the same brick that came with the original Klir motor?

Roger Brooks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, one last question PatReef: I've ordered the Klir DI-7 and use an EShopps sump (looks like the one you have). Some people complain of too much tank water going past the filter fabric and into the sump - something that doesn't happen with a filter sock - unless it overflows. Are you also seeing these issues? Thanks!

#1Fellowreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I checked with our warehouse and they are pretty sure all retailers now have stock with the new motors. Of course, if you have any trouble, just shoot me an email and we'll get you squared away: [email protected]
Hello Jeff I have literally read every thread every review on the DI4 and 7 and was going to pass on this product until I came to this page of the thread. I am glad I read this far and didn’t give up. Now the only question I have is will this work with Trigger System CR44 sump sapphire model as the filter socks tray is oval and not round. Let me know as I am very very interested in hitting the order button for this item.

CoralVue_Marketing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Jeff I have literally read every thread every review on the DI4 and 7 and was going to pass on this product until I came to this page of the thread. I am glad I read this far and didn’t give up. Now the only question I have is will this work with Trigger System CR44 sump sapphire model as the filter socks tray is oval and not round. Let me know as I am very very interested in hitting the order button for this item.

I am very sorry, but I am not able to say for certain whether it will fit or not. ;Inpain

Trailermann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I had to do some minor modifications to my Bashsea sump's top plate by reaming out the acrylic by 1/8th inch, and now it fits perfectly. I am glad to be using the FLIR DI-7. I suggest you install a Acrylic plate with the proper round hole (cut by TAP Plastics) so you can use that awesome Trigger. If the narrow part of the oval needs to be expanded, a Dremel does the trick.

CoralVue_Marketing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to do some minor modifications to my Bashsea sump's top plate by reaming out the acrylic by 1/8th inch, and now it fits perfectly. I am glad to be using the FLIR DI-7. I suggest you install a Acrylic plate with the proper round hole (cut by TAP Plastics) so you can use that awesome Trigger. If the narrow part of the oval needs to be expanded, a Dremel does the trick.

Thank you so much for jumping in and sharing your experiences!!! ;Woot

Eder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another update. About a month in without a single issue! These filters and the new motors are amazing!

CoralVue_Marketing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another update. About a month in without a single issue! These filters and the new motors are amazing!

Bless you, my man! It's hard to shake the stigma when a new product has some issues but posts like yours will really help us turn the tide. We really, truly appreciate it.

Eder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bless you, my man! It's hard to shake the stigma when a new product has some issues but posts like yours will really help us turn the tide. We really, truly appreciate it.

honestly it’s the least I can do for great support. I have two di7s that were about to get tossed.One email and without a question had two new motors in days. Haven’t budged since and the exchange was a breeze.Will never look back or get filter socks again!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 30.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 5.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back